Carbon Fiber foot deflector parts installed !! :)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice!
I am sorry, if you have already addressed this, but are they permanently mounted or could you remove when things thaw out in the spring...

Stunning!
Yea, They will come off in the spring with no damage or holes in my fairing.. It will be some work to get them off but should be no big deal.. Thanks again..

Very nice!
I am sorry, if you have already addressed this, but are they permanently mounted or could you remove when things thaw out in the spring...

Stunning!
I was wondering that also. And just by the pics, it looks like one could get the oil filter off without taking these off as long as you divert the dripping oil.

doctorj
If you run a short filter I bet you could get it out.. but I run the long Mobil 1 filter and I dont think I can... I'm only running these for a few months so I will change the oil when I pop them off... no big deal.. :)

Super craftsmanship. Following this thread with interest.
Thanks Zip !!!!!!

If you decide to do a group buy, I'm in. Very, very nice job!
Ill do a group buy... I dont know how to set all that up and the "rules"......

Very very well done. Bravo!! Is there a particular reason you are reticent to post prices? Why the I\PM's for costs -- just curious.
Nope, I just dont know the 'rules'... I guess to use to other different forums...

Ill do a group buy... I dont know how to set all that up and the "rules"......

Very very well done. Bravo!! Is there a particular reason you are reticent to post prices? Why the PM's for costs -- just curious.
Nope, I just dont know the 'rules'... I guess to use to other different forums...
The best way to handle it, I think, would be to go to the Group Buy Section and read the rules for group buys posted there. Then if additional questions or concerns arise in your mind, PM an administrator for guidance on agroup buy, posting of particulars, etc. I might suggest Ignacio (hope he doesn't mind) as a resource, if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice Michael....would hate to seem something this awesome go belly up, because of an oversight on forum protocol.

You are quite a craftsman. Those look awesome. Once they're in production count me in as a customer.

Looks great on the bike, I have three concerns that were mentioned also 1. We they fit with the 905 crash bars on a AE. 2. Can the oil filter be removed. 3. Can they be removed without damage to fairing.

You are quite a craftsman. Those look awesome. Once they're in production count me in as a customer.
Yea, goingt to make some fiber glass ones.... Just let me know if you would like some

Looks great on the bike, I have three concerns that were mentioned also 1. We they fit with the 905 crash bars on a AE. 2. Can the oil filter be removed. 3. Can they be removed without damage to fairing.
I dont know, I dont have 905 bars on my bike... but if someone had them im sure they could be trimmed to fit around the bars...

I haven't taken my filter off yet but I run the long Mobil 1 filter and im sure it can come out....

No damage to the fairing, that's why I made the set for myself, I didn't want to drill holes in the fairing... mine will be coming off the bike in a few months when it gets hot around here.... LOL

I'm dense

I get it there are two types...open "holed" with engine covers showing and the closed "bigger" design

I would have to be able to keep my Wild Bill highway pegs...seems though modifying the open holed ones with a notch where the pegs stick out wouldn't be much of a problem from what I see...I'm Gen I so probably first (maybe only) approach is for Gen II's anyway...

good job and impressive...specially for you Yankee cold winter types... :yahoo:

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I'm dense
I get it there are two types...open "holed" with engine covers showing and the closed "bigger" design

I would have to be able to keep my Wild Bill highway pegs...seems though modifying the open holed ones with a notch where the pegs stick out wouldn't be much of a problem from what I see...I'm Gen I so probably first (maybe only) approach is for Gen II's anyway...

good job and impressive...specially for you Yankee cold winter types... :yahoo:

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
holes could be drilled on with a circle saw really easy to install foot pegs or whatever, crash bars, Etc... really easy. If there is real interest I can make up molds for the Gen I...

Interested! About the only characteristic of this bike I dislike is how my feet get cold. Will be PM'ing about the glass version.

Interested! About the only characteristic of this bike I dislike is how my feet get cold. Will be PM'ing about the glass version.
No problem, PM'ed ya back:)
Just want to report back after about 1000 miles.. They work awesome !! In the cold I felt heat off the engine on my lower leg... I guess im going to pull them off when it gets to 80* LOL :)