Carbtune Pro 4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutchless1

Reaction score
I have been reading how to put the throttle bodies in sync and the tool used to make this happen. My problem I have seen the Motion Pro tool used and was going to purchase one, but go figure they are on backorder and won't be available until sometime late summer, this according to one of the sales staff at Motion Pro. Because I don't mind spending money on good quality tools that actually work and do the job, I did a web search to see what was available. I found several, one was a Morgan Carbtune for $125.00, but I am not sure it will work on the throttle bodies. Another complete unit that impressed me was the Carbtune Pro 4, this tool can be used with any combination of up to four carburetors or throttle bodies. I was completely sold until two things came to mind, I don't know of anyone who has used this specific tool, and the only place it can be puchased is GB.

Does anyone know anything about this specific sync tool? I'm thinking it's right around $130.00 USD before shipping. Is it worth the money? Any help or ideas would be great. <_< I don't mind spending the money, but I'd sure like to know if it's worth it before I do.

Be Safe, Clutchless1

The Carbtune and Carbtune Pro 4 are both Morgan products right?

£62 for the Carbtune 4-col and Toolpouch. (£55 for Carbtune only. Toolpouch normally £12 if bought separately)

What's that in real money? 130? Sounds like too much to me. I don't blame Morgan. It's our echange rate that's hurting us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan Carbtune.
thumbsup.gif

And don't waste your money on that crappy soft case. Craftsman makes a hard plastic toolbox for under truck seats that fits perfectly. I think I paid $5.99 on sale for mine.

I just got the carbtune last weekend and sync'ed the TB's. It was better than my old mercury tubes which bounced around more.

I raided my wife's tupperware cabinet and found something it would fit in.

After seeing others comments about the Morgan Carbtune I took the hit and purchased one. Like I said earlier, I don't mind spending money on tools that work the way they are designed to and hold up with the passing of time. Oh let's not forget there is no mercury to deal with either. I figure I'll be keeping this deal for awhile, so why not spend the money and buy a decent tool. Plus the fact I also own a Yamaha Venture that has four carbs, I'm sure I'll be getting into that one once the FJR is setup.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, it made my decision a lot easier.

Be safe,

clutchless1

Good choice!

I believe this is the box I got from Sears. If you didn't spring for the overpriced carrying case, check this one out.

Sears item #00965117000 $6.99

17inchtoolbox.jpg

The Carbtune and hoses/tubes JUST fit.

Good choice!
I believe this is the box I got from Sears. If you didn't spring for the overpriced carrying case, check this one out.

Sears item #00965117000 $6.99

17inchtoolbox.jpg

The Carbtune and hoses/tubes JUST fit.
I will definately go to Sears and get one of those cases, for all of $6.99 you sure can't beat the price.

Thanks Randy! clutchless1

Well, I grabbed one of the last 'MotionPro Economy Carb Tune' in the market before they were all gone. Paid $50 delivered. I had one many years ago and was happy with it. It was going to be sold to somebody, and I won't misuse the mercury, so that doesn't make me a bad guy, does it? Ha ha. Plus TX has not banned mercury (yet!). Oh, and as a comment, there're still a lot of mercury Deluxe Carb Tuners out there, but at over $100.

At any rate, all other synch tools out there, including MotionPro's other choices (mercury and non-mercury), cost 3 figures, which makes the choice of the 'Morgan Carb Tune' a pretty obvious one IMO. And best of all, 'CASportTouring.com' has it in stock for $99, and with much cheaper (and faster) shipping since it's in CA, and not the UK.

As a last comment, we need accuracy to set ALL our TBs at 125mmHg, but honestly didn't trust any of the choices, since they were made primarily to balance the TBs against each other, not to measure a specific vacuum level, so I bought a vacuum gauge from Sears, and will be measuring the vacuum on TB#3, then synch the others to that one, just like the manual calls for. And the gauge type synch tools I didn't care for, since none of the gauges I saw read the same level at rest. Take care gang.

JC