Catchy License Frames

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that vanity plate is Sooo original. Who would have thought that a guy would actually be riding his own motorcycle? :D

DSC01086.jpg

Hey, randy....your tags are out. And don't be hater....you might hurt someone's feelings.

:lol:

If you are looking for a plate holder check out.

A lot of the ones posted seem to come from here.

Two Chicks

I think my favorite is

Engage

Ludicrous Speed

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, randy....your tags are out. And don't be hater....you might hurt someone's feelings.
:lol:
Pic was taken Jan '03 on a polar bear ride.

22 degrees with no heated gear. HELL yeah, I froze!

Many updates to the rear end..I'll take a new pic soon.

I have a Grateful Dead plate holder, says "Roll on Forever".
I think I'll watch my Grateful Dead DVD bootleg now :)
Ooo which one?
I watched

3/28/81 Grugahalle, Germany. This video has been mated with the original soundboard recording and is phenominally EXCELLENT! Jerry was in a good mood as The Who opened for the Dead that night, and Pete came out and jammed with them for a few songs too!

Perhaps the best live version I ever saw of Sugaree except one: Jerry Garcia Band at the Rainbow Music Hall in Denver.

I miss Jerry :(

But man, he sure lives on! :)

The guy I bought my bike from was a machinist. I never actually asked him, but I think he made this himself. Appears to be CNC machined from billet aluminum and then painted Cerulean to match (would probably look alot better with some clearcoat on it). Tuning fork logos in each corner and "Yamaha" in the center are ball-milled in. Backside has a recess milled in so the plate sits in it. ALOT of work for a license plate frame IMHO. Anyway, sorry for the piss-poor lighting but here's what it looks like.

2694IMG_2780-med.JPG

I've applied for several different plates but each one has been rejected by the Ohio DMV because already taken or (gasp) "inappropriate". Here are some I tried to get;

FJR 1 Taken

PDQ 1 Taken

PDQ 2 Taken

FAQ 2 (that's pronounced fah-q-2) Deemed "inappropriate". How'd they figure that one out?????

Bastards. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have a Grateful Dead plate holder, says "Roll on Forever".
I think I'll watch my Grateful Dead DVD bootleg now :)
Ooo which one?
I watched

3/28/81 Grugahalle, Germany. This video has been mated with the original soundboard recording and is phenominally EXCELLENT! Jerry was in a good mood as The Who opened for the Dead that night, and Pete came out and jammed with them for a few songs too!

Perhaps the best live version I ever saw of Sugaree except one: Jerry Garcia Band at the Rainbow Music Hall in Denver.

I miss Jerry :(

But man, he sure lives on! :)
gotta source for the video? sure would like to see it.

Howse bout dis one?

From an anonymous fellow fjr riderette. ;)

biatchplateframe.jpg

Frankly, I thought the bottom part should have read: "But Twowheelnut IS a little bi-atch!"