Cdogman in Norcal...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good day, and the oppressive smoke in the valley finally had started to lighten up--and on the coast, NONE AT ALL! A definite relief. When we met at Muskamacallit Corners we had 15 FJRs, a considerable gathering (about the size of the first few WFOs, I believe. Combined.). I followed CDog for the first "leg" of the ride. His Muzzy system and whatever else he'd done to the bike gave it a very cool and distinctive note. I enjoyed hearing it, once I adjusted to his habit of slooooowing waaaaay doooooown for every curve in the road and then gunningitandacceratingaroundthecornerlikeamadman, usually lifting his front wheel in the process. Total madman, but a heck of a farkler.

Most of the group, ready to roll:

IMG_0220.jpg

As already noticed, most were in a pretty crappy mood:

IMG_0222.jpg

Even Old Michael was too grouchy to give his usual one-finger greeting. Here he is with, um, young Michael.

IMG_0221.jpg

By lunchtime, spirits had picked up and we met a rival gang. We challenged the riders of these bikes to a rumble, but they were a bunch of pansies:

IMG_0225.jpg

Still a pretty good day. Pay no attention to any subsequent comments MM2 may put down here, the scratches on my bags are the result of a simple "tip over." My lawyer saw the whole thing, and he'll swear to it.

Great pics and an awesome ride! Thank you all for your wonderful company!

I said to one of the rookie police officers on the training ride (tongue in cheek), "If you want some real training why don't you try to keep up with us?" [At this point Roger is looking for a place to hide :blink: ]

The officer began to tell me how his Harley Police Bike was "really fast and powerful".

God, I love rookies. A little birdie tells me he is in for some surprises . . . he, he, he. Of course, maybe his response was tongue in cheek as well -- but I don't think so. :rolleyes:

The officers were a great bunch of guys and I enjoyed the brief time we spent hanger flying with them.

The officers were a great bunch of guys and I enjoyed the brief time we spent hanger flying with them.
I guess hanger flying is the pilots version of bench racing. Too bad those guys didn't take you up on the challenge. That would have been a great story.

Will someone please tell the story of JB in the police car? He sent a link to this thread to all his non-FJRForum friends and family, but nary an explanation. What happened - he mouthed off to a deputy? Expired tags? Caught going 150 in a 25? Wheelying in front of Moscow Corners?

I guess hanger flying is the pilots version of bench racing. Too bad those guys didn't take you up on the challenge. That would have been a great story.

Will someone please tell the story of JB in the police car? He sent a link to this thread to all his non-FJRForum friends and family, but nary an explanation. What happened - he mouthed off to a deputy? Expired tags? Caught going 150 in a 25? Wheelying in front of Moscow Corners?
Had something to do with small furry rodents..... :dribble:

Looks like I missed a good run, I was too busy taking care of last minute details to come out and ride !! Sorry I missed ya Cdog...next time bro !! B)

Overall, the day ride looked like quite a Beefizzlement? :blink:

Good for everybody that took that Y in the road. :yahoo:

Also, kudos to the Long Dog, and "NO comment" for the Crying Shame. :cray:

Had to miss that one, but Hey? The road keeps stretching out in front of me whenever I leave the driveway, so see All y'all down that road on the next one (or another)! :D

Looks like I missed a good run, I was too busy taking care of last minute details to come out and ride !! Sorry I missed ya Cdog...next time bro !! B)

We will get together. I am not on my last run..

I thik riding with you would be fun,, I know you have a reputation of bieng "Quick" so I will probably have to ask you to meet me up ahead,,, but that would still be fun.. :D

I thik riding with you would be fun,, I know you have a reputation of bieng "Quick" so I will probably have to ask you to meet me up ahead,,, but that would still be fun.. :D
He has a reputation of being Mr Smooth :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooth is quick! He was a little rusty last time out. I actually saw him make a mid-corner correction once . . . one more than usual. :D

Here are a few of my photos. Actually few are all I have. If it wasn't for my wife I'd have none.

MadMike stirring up the local law at the Union Hotel

Cops.jpg

Here's a happy bunch

Mrs. Bluestreek, Mr. and Mrs. JREW, and Mr. and Mrs. Ric in Sac

Happy.jpg

and

OldMichael trying to negotiate the shirt of Bluestreek's back.

Yellow.jpg

Here are a few of my photos. Actually few are all I have. If it wasn't for my wife I'd have none.
OldMichael trying to negotiate the shirt of Bluestreek's back.

Yellow.jpg
If he gets that, and finds some matching pants, he'd be the Yellow Power Ranger! :yahoo:
Actually I was trying to talk him out of his Helmet cause it matches my shirt and I have yellow pants at home

And heres a few pic's I took

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0730a.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

P9240380.jpg

Some people just have to be different. Looking good Roger

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

P9250396.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0755a.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

P9240387.jpg

P9240388.jpg

Not everyone gets to ride

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

P1010071.jpg

I enjoy looking at the pictures again. What a great day that was! :yahoo:

You guys are the "best"..... for riding and at warming my soul. :D

Is it time for NAFO?????

He has a reputation of being Mr Smooth :D
LMAO,,, Yes, One does require the other however. Does it not?

I would love to learn more. Always. I am sure following his lines will teach me somethings.. I love learning