Cee Bailey Reverse Contour Flip Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my stock shield off this morning getting ready for the Cee Bailey windshield and I was wondering if the CB comes with the foam backing that the stock windshield has or do you just put the CB on without? Mine should be here tomorrow according to FedEx tracking - just thought I would get a early start. Thank.s
No, it doesn't come with the foam backing, and yes, you mount the new CB windshield without it. Note: be very careful when you're mounting the new screen to not over-tighten the nylon screws. My advice is to snug the screws down and back them off 1/4 turn. DO NOT tighten them to the torque value stated on the little red & white piece of paper stuck to the screen (even if you happen to have a torque screw-driver). You'll snap the heads off the screws sure as Dallas. I speak from experience on this one... :(
I noticed that they were not tight when I took them out. I have also learned from experience on other bikes on this! :dribble: At first I thought they did not get them tight enough, but then I looked at them and it dawned on me. Thanks for the info on the foam.
I got it and put it on. Hope it works as well as it looks. I will try it out tomorrow and post results.

Hey Bob . . . i have a Cal Sci screen, about the same size. One of the features of that screen is a cut-out down loan that is supposed to moderate/eliminate back pressure. With that big ole Cee screen, do you notice any weird airflow or back pressure issues?
None at all. Beats me.
Just thought i'd chip in, CB screens are the cats meow, i just posted a review of my new CB screen

And Duff did a good review, actually that's what convinced me to dump my CalSci screen.

Latest posts