Cee Bailey Screen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brap

Reaction score
I have A Cee Bailey Screen with the reverse flip. It came on the bike and I am thinking I want a Rifle or Cal Sci... First off, I seem to be somewhat sensitive to buffeting(headaches) on this and other screens I have tried on other bikes. From what I have read, the rifle seems to be the ticket. Is that what you guys have found? Also, how do I determine the +height, +width of the Cee Bailey screen if I want to put it up for sale?

Thanks

brap

Also, how do I determine the +height, +width of the Cee Bailey screen if I want to put it up for sale?
I'm too much of a noob to know if there's a convention for measuring, but for what it's worth, my stock Gen 1 screen is about 17" tall and about 17" wide where it narrows above the widest part (if that make any sense). If you measure your Cee Bailey's and find that it's 21" tall and about 19" wide across the back, it would be a +4 taller and +2 wider. Maybe that will help you get started.

Pete Bansen

Truckee, California

it looks like mine is +2" high and stock width if I measured correctly. I got 21" high by 18" wide... What would you guys recommend? I am 5' 9" and have a 32" inseam. I have read thru the sizing info on the websites, but it seems vague. I am looking for NO buffeting at high speeds (70 and up). I don't mean to sound whiney, but after a few hours with the buffeting, I get some nasty headaches.

Last edited by a moderator:
So after more searcing and reading, I am thinking the Rifle +3, +4 sounds like a good option. I realize windshield threads have been beat to death and apologize for adding yet another. Crap. I just realized it's friday. Flog away.