Cee Bailey windscreen first ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metcalfe1963

Reaction score
Put my Cee Bailey +4H+2W with flip on this afternoon and took a short ride. Very windy day here so good day to see if size really does make a difference. Immediately noticed less wind in the chest with screen in lowest position. Also less helmet (old Nolan 2-button flip) noise than OEM but still some. OEM was not too noisy in low but loud as the devil in up position. Best position for the CB for me seems to be about half up. Still plenty of room to see over the top, really still air with practically no helmet noise. I am a short legged, long waisted 6'1". Did not seem to cause any more problems with handling than OEM. Only took it up to 90 since I saw the local sheriff was about a quarter mile in front of me. Quality of screen is great. Edges finished very well and no apparent distortion anywhere. All holes lined up perfectly. My thanks to previous posters for giving out the location of those two little allen screws that hold on the "W". Never would have found them. I actually like the looks of the CB better than the OEM. The flip seems to fit the lines of the bike, IMHO. The plastic screws on mine were not tight at all and I put them back the same way

One question I do have: The OEM had a sponge rubber gasket on the inside of the screen. The CB does not. The one on the OEM was very well glued down and I could not remove it and place it on the CB. Do I need that? Should I cut something to fit? What happens if I don't? OK, OK, so that's 3 questions.

One question I do have: The OEM had a sponge rubber gasket on the inside of the screen. The CB does not. The one on the OEM was very well glued down and I could not remove it and place it on the CB. Do I need that? Should I cut something to fit? What happens if I don't? OK, OK, so that's 3 questions.
I have the +4, +3 with flip and share the same experiences you do. For me the shield works well...

The foam stuff was not on my '06. It must have been added to eliminate the dreaded "whistle" that '06 models were famous for. So...to answer the questions

No

Maybe...only if you whistle while you work.

See #2, you'll whistle down the road.

--G

I lub my CB +2 +4 :yahoo:

I used some of the foam packing material that they shipped the screen in to cut out a gasket. Just doubled it up and layed it over the existing screen to trace the gasket. Trimmed and installed, and works great. :clapping: