• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cee Bailey Windshield Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jndsa - thanks for arranging this. I once managed a group buy effort and understand the time and effort it takes to organize one. :)

I think I'll call in later this week and place my order - just as soon as I get the darn bike home. :)

The price is good and it's always nice to support a company willing to work with a group like this, too :)

Anyone have any advice on how best to size the screen to a rider's size? (Yes, I'm going to check the website next... ;) )

duane

Hmmm, too bad this didn't start a couple weeks earlier. I ordered one on May 29th and received it about a week later.

I just got back from a ride to the Gaspe Peninsula with it. I got the +2+2 light gray with flip. There is definitely a quiet spot but with it all the way up, it has back pressure. I loved having it. I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam.

GROUP BUY CLOSES JULY 15, 2009

I'm hoping a number of the forum members are interested in replacing their existing windshields with one of the Cee Bailey windshields. I have contacted Cee Bailey and they are willing to give us a 25% discount as long as we have a confirmed order for a minimum of 10 windshields. They will not increase the discount for a greater volume, but 25% seems pretty good to me. We can order any sizes or tints that we want, they do not all have to be the same. If you are not familiar with the Cee Bailey windshields you can check out the reviews on the forum site or check out the Cee Bailey website www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/ Prices start, before the discount, at $167 for the clear standard size. Adding a tint increases it to $178. Oversize in height or width further increases the price depending on what size you choose. For example, if you want a light gray tint +4" in height and +3" in width the cost before discount would be $218.00. Shipping to the lower 48 is $22.00 and they say to allow 8 to 12 business days for delivery as all of the windshields are made to order. If I can provide any further information let me know. I'm keen to get one so I would plan to submit an order as soon as we get 10 orders together. If you are interested, please send me details of what you would like and your email address so that we can sort out the payment arrangements and the timing. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hopefully it will provide some value to all interested. I had one of their screens on a different bike and was very pleased with it.

Jim Downs

[email protected]

I want one but I am so confused on what size. Oh my Guad what should I do? Is that little curve at the top a good thing? Oh my Guad, I just don't know. Won't someone please help me. I'm 5'10" and ride like I'm on a rocket ship. Is 2" taller with the curve and 2" wider enough? Oh my Guad, tell me what yous tink wont cha? Who can pass up a deal like this? Not me. :D

Thanks Jim for all your efforts. I'm ordering tomorrow. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be calling them tomorrow...

me too.

I'm going to go with a flip, +2"H and +3"W, I've been digging thru the site for a while looking for pictures of dark tint.

I'm 6'-1" and look over the top, and will be ordering a Corbin with a raised pocket....so I think the tint will be a good thing.

Just phoned in my order for a dark tint, flip, +2"h +3"w.... should be here in a couple of weeks. Just in time for a long trip to the Canadian Rockies.

Thanks for setting this up, that's a significant savings on a great product.

Just ordered, should arrive in 2 weeks. Dark +2+2. Great deal, thanks for putting this togather.

:ph34r:

Ordered a +4 +4 reverse flip light gray tint from AVO AGISHIAN at CEE-BAILEY'S PLASTICS this morning.

Thanks. :)

I won't regurgitate details of the many posts I've made about Cee Bailey products. But I will take the time to say (again) that I've never seen a better quality product or better people to work with. I've owned several of their shields in various configurations, from Gen-I and Gen-II FJRs.

Their headlight covers are awesome too! Very easily removed, very easily cleaned. I have over 50,000 miles on the set installed on my '07. Only regret is that I did not purchase and install them sooner.

I've seen mention that Cee Bailey only ships UPS. I'm really interested in getting in on this group by, but theirs NO WAY I'm paying $40 for brokerage fee's if its UPS only. So before I call and ask them, does anybody know if they'll ship USPS?

Wow, that was quick - just received mine today, was ordered 06/26. Looks great and was easy install, +4h +2w light grey flipped. Will post some pics when the rain stops.

Thanks for setting this up - great deal.

BTW, came shipped via FedEx.

My shield came today, knew I was in trouble when they charged the wrong amount to my debt card. TOTALLY WRONG for my 04 (holes not even close) Shield had a piece broken off too! Called Avo an he said he'll make a claim to ups and get back to me. Not very happy right now!

BTW, came shipped via FedEx.
I ordered mine on the 6th (day before yesterday) and got a FedEx tracking number just now....that was fast.

Agree about the quality too, I had a Cee Bailey screen that came on my '03 R1150GS Adventure, and it was top notch all the way.

Just placed my order with Avo for a light gray, +4h, +3w w/flip.

Thanks for arranging this Group Buy! :yahoo:

Ed.

Done.

• +4", +3", clear, flip screen
  • windscreen gasket
  • headlamp protector

All under $220 with shipping!

As a bonus, payment was easy through PayPal with them, too. :)

Thanks again for the excellent group buy opportunity!

Avo rocks again, at CeeBaileys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.