• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cee Bailey Windshield Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul is right. You contact Avo, give him the details of your order, and you will be charged the discounted price - ONCE we get up to 10 orders. So, we need everyone who has expressed an interest to pull the trigger and send their order in to Avo. If you know of anyone else who might be interested, even if they don't have an FJR, see if they want to come on board. They all count toward the magic 10 number and we are still a bit short.
Jim
Well, if that's the case, meaning I can buy one for the new Wee, I'll call them Monday and order one. Already have a CB windshield and headlight covers on the FJR and have never had a problem. Thanks for setting this up! Now, when is that Russel group buy? :rolleyes:

I'm a little bummed right now. I ordered a +2 +2 OEM contour for a 2004. Windshield arrived yesterday after about a week or so. That's fine. But when I took it out today to try to install, NONE of the holes matched up, and I don't think the size is right either. It might be 2 inches higher, but it seems narrower than my existing shield. I'm not in a big hurry, but I hope the exchange process is easy. I sent an email today.

Whoever they got make'n and sending out shields for 2004's doesn't know what the heck there doin! I'm supposed to get another one sent to me next week, hope they get it right this time!

I am in. I hope I chose the right specs but everyone seems to have a different opinion. My V-stream is too hot and it is noisy for my helmet speakers. Therefore, I chose the flip hoping that it is less noisy for the helmet speakers. I went with +4 taller and +2 wider. The popularity contest seemed to favor +4 and +3 but I wanted it a little narrower hoping to get some cooling air around it. I do like the looks of the flip over the V-stream (is the rule form over function or function over form?).

Also, HaulinAshe convinced me on adding the headlight guards.

Thanks for setting this GB up.

I'm a little bummed right now. I ordered a +2 +2 OEM contour for a 2004. Windshield arrived yesterday after about a week or so. That's fine. But when I took it out today to try to install, NONE of the holes matched up, and I don't think the size is right either. It might be 2 inches higher, but it seems narrower than my existing shield. I'm not in a big hurry, but I hope the exchange process is easy. I sent an email today.
Update: received a prompt reply today. sounds like they'll send me the correct one in the mail today. Meanwhile, I'll package up my "old one" in the original packaging and someone will pick it up tomorrow. If true, there ain't no better solution.

Update: received a prompt reply today. sounds like they'll send me the correct one in the mail today. Meanwhile, I'll package up my "old one" in the original packaging and someone will pick it up tomorrow. If true, there ain't no better solution.

Totally satisfied customer!!

The correct one arrived today. Looks great. My bike instantly looks years younger.

I assume my old one was the original 2004 based on the yellowing, scratches and "burned in" bug marks. Since I don't look thru it, it never really bothered me, but now... wow. Now I'll have to stress about keeping it nice. Oh well.

OK got the right shield, all is well! (except it's 105 out and don't want to test this bigun until cooler weather)

Now I tested it. Awesume! Feels like I'm ride'n in a convertible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Julymotocyclecampingtrip031.jpg

I got my standard contour dark smoke +2 higher and standard width on July 10 just intime for my trip which was awesome. The quality of this windshield is top notch and I think it looks great. CeeBailey's was a pleasure to due business with again and I would recommend them to anyone. This is the second Cee Bailey windshield I have purchased. I had there double bubble on my YZF. Thanks again for the group buy

Eric

I'm beginning to think I should have ordered my +4 in a smoke... hmmm... oh well, c'est la vie.

That is one spanky looking FJR, though - love the burgundy/dark smoke combo - nice choice!

One question - which option did you order that keeps the bugs from piling up on the front of the bike?

Thanks Guys! My first priority is to ride (not just fair weather either) but my second is to keep my bike clean and well maintained. I have put 5k miles on my bike since I bought it in April 2009. I think the dark smoke does look nice I'm very happy with my purchase.

Eric

Just installed my 6x6 standard 2 weeks ago. I feel it does everything well. All the way down on a hot day, 3/4 up can still see over and very quiet and full up for pillon,rain, cold ect. Wouldn't trade for the world. No clearence issues with mirrors or fairing. Very well engineered.

A+ in my book

dam, i just got my 08, wish i would have seen this sooner, i think i will call and see if i can get the deal by mentioning this post. if not count me in for the next batch of ten!!!!

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.