Center Stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pick you parking place, approach at about 15-20 mph. Apply front brake firmly and quickly so front wheel stops at desired spot and rear wheel lifts into the air. While rear wheel is in the air, quickly kick the stand down. Let bike settle back down on stand.Stand on pegs, take bow.
Dang , I want to see that . Great one. :yahoo:

Mac

Having a Vmax, you have to use the center stand if you want to fuel the bike up. So I won't lie, I'm a large guy, I have plenty of weight to put into the center stand. One hand on the bar, one foot on the stand, push down, bike goes right up on the stand. I think the FJR (once I get my hands on one) shouldn't be any different, but I don't know that for a fact right now).

When my wife started riding last year, even though her bike doesn't have a center stand, I made her practice putting my vmax on it's stand. In three tries, she got it. She had to use both hands and used the grab bar in the back to lift up, not pull back and it worked like a charm.

Having a Vmax, you have to use the center stand if you want to fuel the bike up. So I won't lie, I'm a large guy, I have plenty of weight to put into the center stand. One hand on the bar, one foot on the stand, push down, bike goes right up on the stand. I think the FJR (once I get my hands on one) shouldn't be any different, but I don't know that for a fact right now).
When my wife started riding last year, even though her bike doesn't have a center stand, I made her practice putting my vmax on it's stand. In three tries, she got it. She had to use both hands and used the grab bar in the back to lift up, not pull back and it worked like a charm.
I couldn't get the Vmax on the center stand either. My problem was that I just didn't know how to it. But now I do!

I couldn't get the Vmax on the center stand either. My problem was that I just didn't know how to it. But now I do! Which is fastest in your opinion Vmax or FJR.