Central Florida Ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see.. Jim, DaveB and Rz.... all together on this ride..... I'm in !!! (Pending boss' approval) ;)

Anyone riding 2-up?
Not I, although Laura's always on her own bike anyway. She already has plans to attend the big guitar expo that day, but if any of you FJR riders can play guitar (or sing) there are rumors of a jam session that Sat. evening after the expo at our place. She always has a spare guitar handy. And extra drunk singers help to muffle the sound of the novice guitar players :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys, I think I have us a decent route laid out for the 22nd. Originally I was thinking south, but I changed my mind and figuring the other direction ending up around the Oyster Pub in Daytona for lunch, sound good?

Now where to meet? Probably the Chevron station in Mims is easiest to find (corner of US1 & SR46); I met DaveB and RZ there one time before. Say 9 am?

Crash Cash and RZ350...how about we meet at the 5 & Diner (Colonial & Woodbury) at 8am? I think Spencer might also be riding over with us.

OK guys, I think I have us a decent route laid out for the 22nd. Originally I was thinking south, but I changed my mind and figuring the other direction ending up around the Oyster Pub in Daytona for lunch, sound good?

Now where to meet? Probably the Chevron station in Mims is easiest to find (corner of US1 & SR46); I met DaveB and RZ there one time before. Say 9 am?
Lookin' forward to it... (With fingers crossed) :p

A solo act (Probably with retaliations?)

Was hoping RZ's other half would come and inspire mine to ride one of her own!

See you there- Thanks for planning Jim :clapping:

Crash Cash and RZ350...how about we meet at the 5 & Diner (Colonial & Woodbury) at 8am? I think Spencer might also be riding over with us.
Works for me. Should I grab a bite to eat at home before leaving or is there time to eat at the Diner? Might be better to just eat at home since we are eating lunch out in Daytona.

8am! Crikey! I don't even get up 'til 9 for work! Jeez! :)

5 & Diner sounds fine for me.

/snip/

Was hoping RZ's other half would come and inspire mine to ride one of her own!
Bring her along anyway. We will try to keep DaveB from offending her! Just kidding DB!
Good luck with that!! :) Let's all plan to grab something to eat before leaving home, otherwise we would have to move the meeting time earlier and I don't want to listen to all that crying!

Great starting location. We will be there from the north. Will be riding two up for this rte. Can't wait to meet some of the people from the site. If is cold, I'll be alone. CYA!

Great starting location. We will be there from the north. Will be riding two up for this rte. Can't wait to meet some of the people from the site. If is cold, I'll be alone. CYA!
Actually, if you wanted to could meet us in Oak Hill ~45 mins later. I was going to take them across the bridge north way to the space center, then SR3 back up to US1 @ Oak Hill, then Maytown Rd. You could wait at the little motorcycle leather place...

I got in ~300 mile ride today with my friend Greg (Tony knows him) on my "other" bike. Started out early so was still in the 40's butt warmed up nicely. I got to ride on alot of roads I hadn't been on before and many more I had to Homosassa Springs & back.

Still a speed trap in Yalaha...

Actually, if you wanted to could meet us in Oak Hill ~45 mins later. I was going to take them across the bridge north way to the space center, then SR3 back up to US1 @ Oak Hill, then Maytown Rd. You could wait at the little motorcycle leather place...

Actually, it would be better to meet at the designated starting point. I've done rides where we try to meet up along the way and it works sometime and sometime it doesn't. the few extra miles are worth the earlier up time. I know the route you plan to use and it one I have used various times before. Very much looking forward to the ride and the good times.

Actually, it would be better to meet at the designated starting point. I've done rides where we try to meet up along the way and it works sometime and sometime it doesn't. the few extra miles are worth the earlier up time. I know the route you plan to use and it one I have used various times before. Very much looking forward to the ride and the good times.
No problem, see you there!

I was thinking of hitting Merk's today...

fljab;

Did you make it up to Merk's today? We went the other direction for #1 son's birthday. How can a kid as young as what I am, have a sone that is 36? I musta started when I was 10 or 12! LOL!!!!

Looking forward to the ride.

fljab;

Did you make it up to Merk's today? We went the other direction for #1 son's birthday. How can a kid as young as what I am, have a sone that is 36? I musta started when I was 10 or 12! LOL!!!!
No, I did not! I got involved in some things and then it got close to the playoff games - which means Merk's would be really crowded, so no go............

Hey folks,

I'm getting ready to sell my extra Helibar top clamp handlebar riser (Link), so if anyone is interested that's attending this ride, just let me know and I will bring it. It's for a Gen 2, and I have all parts and instructions. It looks like group buys are going for about $290 so I will let this one go for $250 and you will also save shipping.

Just thought I would offer it up before it goes in the Classified section or on auction.