CFR Vintage Riders Breakfast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kasey,

I didn't see what age qualifies one as vintage. I don't feel vintage and don't look it, so MsNASCAR keeps telling me. I've been riding for 31 years, since I was 29. If that qualifies me, we could make it if it were Saturday morning. We are riding in from Banff on Friday. Let us know. Thanks for setting things up.

MsNASCAR still hasn't been given the nod from work for this 2 week vacation. I told her to shove her job :****: if they deny it. :assassin:

Stay tuned.

Hi Kasey - just paying attention to this thread now ! Please count me in for VR Breakfast -and thank you for organizing it !
Good news that you'll be there Mem and I'm forward to meeting you.

Kasey

Hi Kasey - just paying attention to this thread now ! Please count me in for VR Breakfast -and thank you for organizing it !
Good news that you'll be there Mem and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Kasey

Kasey,I didn't see what age qualifies one as vintage. I don't feel vintage and don't look it, so MsNASCAR keeps telling me. I've been riding for 31 years, since I was 29. If that qualifies me, we could make it if it were Saturday morning. We are riding in from Banff on Friday. Let us know. Thanks for setting things up.

MsNASCAR still hasn't been given the nod from work for this 2 week vacation. I told her to shove her job :****: if they deny it. :assassin:

Stay tuned.
[SIZE=18pt]50[/SIZE] is the magic number. I'm shocked :eek: that you're old enough - I would have guessed you're 40. ^_^

Not to worry, it will work out with Ms. Nascar. It just wouldn't be the same without her radiant smile in the crowd.

Kasey

Damn, I just became a Grandad, so I guess I'm in. Great place for it Kasey. Merv and I ate there on the way out to see you a few years ago. Great work.
Oh, That visit. :D What happens on the road stays on the road I always say. I promised I'd never tell anyone about the Glenfiddich hot tub so I won't.

Kasey

MsNASCAR still hasn't been given the nod from work for this 2 week vacation. I told her to shove her job :****: if they deny it.
Good luck ! I likely won't hear about my Leave request until May :unsure:

Kasey - likewise, I'm looking forward to meeting you. IF my Leave request is approved !

... and Jacquie should take that good advice. Personally, I am still trying to negotiate with my passive/agressive ex about scheduling issues involving our joint custody of the old Labrador. I may be arriving from L.A. for breakfast, but I will be there.

MsNASCAR has been given written (now official) approval for the 2 weeks of visitation to our wonderful friends north of the border. But she was scolded for the request. What a pack of Nazi, dictators her company is. This frickin economy we are now in seems to give the corporations elusions of complete control over our very existance. Going postal. Duck! :ranting2: :****:

Last edited by a moderator:
MsNASCAR has been given written (now official) approval for the 2 weeks of visitation to our wonderful friends north of the border. But she was scolded for the request. What a pack of Nazi, dictators her company is. This frickin economy we are now in seems to give the corporations elusions of complete control over our very existance. Going postal. Duck! :ranting2: :****:
MrsNSrider has been given the 6 weeks that she requested :yahoo: Six weeks should be enough to get to and from CFR don't you think? :drinks:

MrsNSrider has been given the 6 weeks that she requested :yahoo: Six weeks should be enough to get to and from CFR don't you think? :drinks:
Fabulous! fyi - you're posting in the Vintage Riders Breakfast thread and I don't think you youngsters are eligible ;)

Catherine, thanks for putting this together girl -- Deb and I qualify :yahoo: we'll be there for brekky.

And just a short walk from the Lodge -- great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Catherine, thanks for putting this together girl -- Deb and I qualify :yahoo: we'll be there for brekky.And just a short walk from the Lodge -- great!
With the good news you'll be there that makes [SIZE=10pt]27[/SIZE] young-at-heart Vintage riders to date = 22.5% of registrations and six jugs of prune juice on the table. :rolleyes:

Kasey

Has a decision been made if the breakfast will be Friday or Saturday morning?

Or are we waiting for more prime time FJR riders to vote their morning preference? :unsure:

Just so happened I was looking at one of those threads where they were trying to get folks to post mileage for the year and see what total cumulative annual mileage for the whole forum would be. So then I click on this one and thought, why not add up the ages of all the attendees of this shindig and see what you get? That would have to be the baseline for future vintage riders breakfasts, a new standard, since I don't think it's ever been done before, but I'm thinking you could get many many centuries of experience out of the bunch of geezers who'll be there this time. At least. Maybe millenia! I'll probably show up myself, so there's another 82 years right there!

Has a decision been made if the breakfast will be Friday or Saturday morning? Or are we waiting for more prime time FJR riders to vote their morning preference? :unsure:
As of today we have 30 VR breakfast attendees. I would like to do it Saturday for two reasons:

1. so that MEM can attend

Please make it an OFFICIAL FJR Vintage riders meeting. would be great to have an international flavor in order to spread the word. Please take pics of the attendees and their names, location and contact info, if possible. TurboDave
2. We will be spending extra time taking our individual photos as requested by TurboDave and since Sat. is also our Banquet night that would leave Friday wide open for your longer day rides.

Pegscraper would you consider doing the photos?

https://www.cafepress.com/bersarts Really happy that the FJR Vintage Riders membership will spread to our brothers and sisters in Canada. Remind those that if they are interested in various items they are available at the site shown.
Kasey

I'll probably show up myself, so there's another 82 years right there!
You'll be attending, then?

.... why not add up the ages of all the attendees of this shindig and see what you get? That would have to be the baseline for future vintage riders breakfasts, a new standard, since I don't think it's ever been done before, but I'm thinking you could get many many centuries of experience out of the bunch of geezers who'll be there this time.
:rolleyes: I'll bite. 65.

Kasey