Change to Pilot Road 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine don't vibrate....but they do "sing".

There's more road noise than with some other tires I've run. I have checked the bearings, etc., and I changed the front brake rotors before my 4500 mile trip to CFR. For whatever reason the PR2s a a little noisier on straight roads but not in corners. I haven't noticed any "vibration".

I only noticed it the other day because I took a short trip without my earplugs and it made me think of this thread.

Just mounted PR2's, aaahhh, new tires always feel good. (no vibration) More noise than other brand tires? I don't know. Noise? What noise? :rolleyes: ...I wear ear plugs.

Of course it's going to be noisy without ear plugs. <_<

I just went through this after I had my first set of PR2s balanced and mounted. Vibrated like a SOB at around 75 mph. I was on a long trip when I noticed it. I waited till I got back and had them rebalanced by another shop. Smooth as silk now. Not going to let those guys mount and balance my tires again. However, they are going to do my ignition switch recall fix. Think I should be scared? Ha. :lol:

My PR2's are very smooth, I'll have to put more miles on them but so far they are wearing better than the Road Smarts I just took off. They are keeping a round profile despite all the interstate running to get out West from Alabama. :yahoo:

Sorry for the delayed update, but I just got back from 2 weeks on the road. I took the front wheel to another shop and the balance was off. Rebalancing still didn't cure the problem. I then checked the torque on the engine mounting bolts. The bolts with sliders mounted, which I had loctited and torqued to spec had loosened somehow, and this was the last piece of the puzzle. The PR2s performed flawlessly and completely live up to the rave reviews. Even though Fridley HP tried to make things right, I will never bring my bike back there.

Mine don't vibrate....but they do "sing".
There's more road noise than with some other tires I've run. I have checked the bearings, etc., and I changed the front brake rotors before my 4500 mile trip to CFR. For whatever reason the PR2s a a little noisier on straight roads but not in corners. I haven't noticed any "vibration".

I only noticed it the other day because I took a short trip without my earplugs and it made me think of this thread.
Yep, they are louder. That and the fact they take a long time to heat up are my only complaints.....for my type of riding.