Check Out This Rumor About The 2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all doo-doo.

The base platform will remain the same. Same engine and tranny, new induction and FI, probably excluding ECU.

This is my prediction and I am sticking to it until I am proven wrong (which I am totally OK with BTW).

-BD

Except for the old Brit bikes, your left foot has always been used to shift...
IIRC the first bike I actually owned, a 1977 Suzuki T-500 Titan, was also set up this way.
So, old Brit bikes, old Jap bikes, old Eye-tie bikes (Early Ducatis)...

Old American bikes were foot clutch / hand shift, for a completely different concept.

This is all doo-doo.
The base platform will remain the same. Same engine and tranny, new induction and FI, probably excluding ECU.

This is my prediction and I am sticking to it until I am proven wrong (which I am totally OK with BTW).
BrunDog - you are completely correct in your assertion that the BASE platform will remain essentially the same, and as shown/described on the Yamaha web site. Who ever said that this will be the ONLY platform available for the FJR? :eek: So many choices, so little time!!

Like you, it's OK with me if I'm wrong, I'm not the least bit interested in an 06 or an 07 anyway. Not unless my 05 is stolen or wrecked :bigeyes:

John

Oooooooookay, I'll play along.......

First of all, it's not a FJR replacement by any stretch of the imagination.

Secondly..... it will be a lot smaller than the FJR... think 1000cc's or less.

It will have bags on it... like any good commuter would.

Might be popular for urban commuting, in particular.

Guess we'll find out next week sometime how true (or untrue) all these rumors are......