Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - July 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAHOO!! it looks like I am in for this one. I got clearance from my mast....I mean social coordinator.

I would be willing to ride East to meet up with people for the ride down. I don't mind an early start, just ask Wheaton.

YAHOO!! it looks like I am in for this one. I got clearance from my mast....I mean social coordinator.
I would be willing to ride East to meet up with people for the ride down. I don't mind an early start, just ask Wheaton.
That's right...I'd need some Hellas if I was gonna start off at 3am all the time. ;)

Ok, count me in.

BTW, Route 71 that runs along the south side of the park is closed again this year. Maybe someone will get the guts to "Evil Knievel" over the bridge that's out. Any takers? Great ride, great people, great food, and a stunt show too!!! How can you go wrong?

Ok, count me in.
BTW, Route 71 that runs along the south side of the park is closed again this year. Maybe someone will get the guts to "Evil Knievel" over the bridge that's out. Any takers? Great ride, great people, great food, and a stunt show too!!! How can you go wrong?
If yer coming from 71 east of there...what's the best way to go? Stay north of the river and cross the river on the west side of the park?

EDIT: Which bridge is out? The one on 71 over the Illinois River?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called and made a 10:30 reservation for 15 (I count 11 so far). Let me know if anyone's bringing SO's.

I also asked about construction. If we stay on rte 6 to rte 178, then head south, as soon as we cross the river, there will be an entrance to the park on the left.

No big deal.....unless Jon is leading :glare:

edit: Unless you're going directly to Starved Rock, let's meet at the McDonalds at Route 6 and I-55 (same as last year) NO LATER than 8:30 for a brief ride to Starved Rock. If anyone wants to meet me in Lemont, again, NO LATER than 7:30, I'll be at the grade school parking lot that's one block east of I-355 on 127th street and will take secondary roads to McDonalds. PM me for my cell number if you don't have it already.

Last edited by a moderator:
No big deal.....unless Jon is leading

I promise to ride in the back of the pack and not give any directions. And are SOs coming?

Jon

Have a safe ride, Gentlemen. I look forward to seeing several of you come up to WI for a Sunday morning ride sometime. My motorcycle aches and groans at the mere thought of heading through the Chicagoland area! Nice to be invited, however.

Kris (that one guy)

Have a safe ride, Gentlemen. I look forward to seeing several of you come up to WI for a Sunday morning ride sometime. My motorcycle aches and groans at the mere thought of heading through the Chicagoland area! Nice to be invited, however.
Kris (that one guy)
No one thinks ill of you for not coming through flatland and metropolitan Chicago.

However, you OWE us at the beer, cheese and sausage meet in SW WI meet in August. ;)

Kris (that one guy)
No one thinks ill of you for not coming through flatland and metropolitan Chicago.
I'M thinking ill of him :bad:

I'd like to join everyone for breakfast on the 6th so count me in. I've been lurking on the forum for awhile, I usually hang out on STn.