Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - July 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it looks like I won't be able to make yet another gathering... I think we're headed to see family in St. Louis this weekend.

I would've enjoyed finally meeting some local folks.

Enjoy the day. Sounds like a great ride.

-Jonathan

FYI...in case anybody wants to head from Wheaton down 71 with me...here's the general route. I will be leaving the Wheaton area EARLY (6:30am) to avoid the traffic that accumulates on 71. Getting to Starved Rock early may mean doing a short hike before brunch...or extra riding along the Illinois River to waste away the time before the 10:30 brunch.

If anybody is interested...send me a pm. Otherwise...see you at the lodge.

maptostarvedrock.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lar, do we have room for one more, airgirl/ninjaette just called to ask if she could ride along.

Lar, do we have room for one more, airgirl/ninjaette just called to ask if she could ride along.
You bet she can! Looking forward to meeting her.

OK. The feejer is down but I will be there with the lead sled (named by a co-worker).
That's the spirit, Victor. Glad you you decided to do that.

Any room for me to bring Mrs. Murph? (Maybe you've seen her in this month's issue of GQ? If not, here's a pic.)

Seriously, ok to bring the pillion in for the buffet?

Once again, we have meeting points at:
  1. 6:30 AM Schaumburg. In the parking lot of the Streets of Woodfield shopping mall. It is directly west of 53 and just north of Higgins rd. Meeting place by Starbucks. Be there no later than 6:30 . That is when that group will leave to meet me and group two at the school in Lemont.
  2. 7:30 AM Lemont. In the parking lot of Old Quarry Middle School. It's one block east of I-355 at the 127th Street exit. Be there no later than 7:30. That is when that group will leave to meet up with group three at the McDonalds, just west of I-55 at the Route 6 exit.
  3. 10:00 AM Starved Rock Lodge. We have a 10:30 reservation for brunch. I'm guessing airboss and possibly others will just meet us there. Whenever we finish, I'm up for more riding. Maybe up to Dixon, then up Route 2 to Rockford. But we can plan that during or after brunch, depending on when peoples' schedules.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. PM me for my cell number if you don't have it.
Larry, when are you planning on leaving McD on Rt6? I can try twicking the route to accomodate the times.

Let's make 8:30 roll time and we have our self a route :) I sliced and diced and cut it down under 2 hours.

What portion of 71 is closed exactly? Is it the same deal as last year where we went around on some country road and then south on 178 and east on 71?

What portion of 71 is closed exactly? Is it the same deal as last year where we went around on some country road and then south on 178 and east on 71?
Actually, we ended up going north on 178 last year. We can do that again this year or, if we come into town on route 6, take 178 south, cross the river and enter the park from the north side.

I was hoping not to do any rushing on Sunday <_< . I was hoping to have a little social time at each stop to meet new people, check out everyone's new farkles and just catch up on what's been going on with everyone. Is it possible to ride your route AFTER we eat? It only really takes like an hour to get there from the McDonalds if you take route 6 out there.

Hey RCL room for two more on the ride. I want to come and I have a Buell rider that says maybe?

Hey RCL room for two more on the ride. I want to come and I have a Buell rider that says maybe?
Always room for two more, blitzer.

Here's where we're at as of this morning....

1. RiderCoach Lar
  2. wheatonFJR
  3. Murph
  4. "Mrs. Murph"
  5. griff
  6. evilmedic13
  7. airboss
  8. "airgirl"
  9. Brooklyn
  10. Jon
  11. cougar8000
  12. TriggerT
  13. Turvy
  14. Fudge
  15. usedtobeharley
  16. 07 FJR Huston
  17. Yamaduke
  18. artistic rider
  19. blitzer
  20. "blitzer's Buell rider"

I just bumped our 10:30 reservation up to 25 people. By the way, I asked if it could be moved to 10:45 and was told it could NOT.

Still room for more....

This is turning out to be a good roundup. Too bad MrsMedic can't come, she's already pissed because I'm going and she's not. If she didn't get off at 8am and would quit making felony arrests at 7am, I'd think about meeting you guys down there. I'll miss her.

This is my first ride longer than 40 miles this year, glad I'm in such good company. :yahoo:

Always something in the way this year, either my subconscious or something real. :glare:

Can't wait to see you guys, I even did a TBS this morning, just to be sure.

This is turning out to be a good roundup. Too bad MrsMedic can't come, she's already pissed because I'm going and she's not. If she didn't get off at 8am and would quit making felony arrests at 7am, I'd think about meeting you guys down there. I'll miss her.
Just have her take those dancing lights of her squad and put them on the bike. I am sure you would do a good timing and be able to make it :yahoo:

Even though this is in a different thread, not everybody will see it so I'll post it here too. Just need a majority vote.

Do you guys want me to bring this with
sony-alpha-a700-lg1.jpg

Sure bring it along, "MOM" already told airgirl to take lots of notes, so addional pictorial evidence is not going to matter.