Chock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update to my trip. Picked up the 1800 Lb. Capacity Motorcycle Stand/Wheel Chock made by Pittsburg Motorcycle sold at Harbor Freight. Awesome piece of kit for $59! Works as advertised. Literally rolled the bike into the wheel chock and you can take your hands off the bike to work the straps. As for the Gen IIIs, you can use the lower triple tree as your main tie down point to the incorporated eyelet tie downs located on the perpendicular bar of the unit as long as you just use the strap itself; not a soft tie looped around the lower triple tree then to a ratcheting strap. If you use a soft tie, it creates enough of an angle to rub the inside of the fairing. I used an updated version of the Canyon Dancers for the bars only as a back up; not cinched down much. Also used my old Canyon Dancer for the rear pegs to keep the rear end in place for the long haul this leg of the trip (San Antonio, Texas to Dothan, Alabama). Again, not cinched down much. 800 plus miles and the bike was in solid going down I-10 at or above speed limit in the bed of my F-350. I'll post some pictures for anyone having to haul their bike.

I think some folks cheat and make that the bulk of their front end security. The pingel doesn't look too sturdy compared to the harbor freight, huh?

I think some folks cheat and make that the bulk of their front end security. The pingel doesn't look too sturdy compared to the harbor freight, huh?
Oh, I agree completely that the Pingel looks really cheap. I use the Harbor Freight myself. The directions in the PDF addressed a few items in this discussion, however.

I have been using straps through the lower triple clamps, but the tie-downs then hit the inside of my fairings. I ordered the Cycle Cinch (original) on Friday to resolve that problem.

I also have been tying the back down, but I pulled backwards. Hereafter I'll be pulling forwards with both sets of straps.

Last edited by a moderator: