Chrome Vendor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a preferred vendor to get our accessories chromed at a good price? Does anyone here on the forum have a shop to chrome items? Or, does anyone know where to get a good price?

Thank you,

John T.

i havent used ChromePros, but i have been in comm with them concerning wheels...and they are in Texas, so they must be good. :D

Picture900_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

Is there a preferred vendor to get our accessories chromed at a good price? Does anyone here on the forum have a shop to chrome items? Or, does anyone know where to get a good price?
Thank you,

John T.
OK, John I have to ask? Ealier today you were talking about painting your bike, now your talking about chrome? Come on bro, tell the rest of the class what your plans are so we don't have to keep asking?

jw

OK, John I have to ask? Ealier today you were talking about painting your bike, now your talking about chrome? Come on bro, tell the rest of the class what your plans are so we don't have to keep asking?
jw
I am considering the blue chrome in the photos below with normal chrome racing strips.

I am just in the considering stage. But, if I go with this I would want the wheels, frame, etc chromed also.

DSC01553.jpg

PICT0210L.jpg

PICT0855L.jpg

DSC00548L.jpg

Radbusa1L.jpg

DSC00156L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering the blue chrome in the photos below with normal chrome racing strips.I am just in the considering stage. But, if I got with this I would want the wheels, frame, etc chromed also.
On an FJR?

O.K., intervention time...

John, put your wife on, please.

O.K., intervention time...
John, put your wife on, please.
I have not decided anything yet.

I am still looking for other options which catch my eye. The blue chrome is pretty attractive to me, but I am concerned that much chrome would look really bad. I am open to idea and thoughts. Got any?

I more then likely won't change the color untill summer of 2008. I just want plenty of time to pick the right paint for the bike and me.

Can't put the wife (5 year live-in girlfreind) on, she won't know about the bike till this weekend. We have a long road trip from Reno to LA and I will tell her about it on the drive down in the truck. I need to tell her about the bike before it arrives.

John T.....make sure your driving fast enough that she won't just lunge & try to kill you immediately...... that should give her enough time to cool down.... :unsure: ....

John T.....make sure your driving fast enough that she won't just lunge & try to kill you immediately...... that should give her enough time to cool down.... :unsure: ....
There was a few years I went without a bike. I was putting money to college and to become a scuba instructor. So, around this time last year I convinced her and I was off to get a bike. She decided I should not spend any more the $1k on a bike. So, I spent $2900 on a 2000 CBR and let her believe I only spend $900. The other $2k came from the scuba shop where I teach as a side job. We have a agreement the money I earn with my side job teaching in my play money. But, she still wants it for her wants also. If she knew I spent an extra $2K she would flip because this could replace our 3 year old curtains in our place to the new ones she likes and change our decor.

Well, 6 months or so back my CBR was totaled when someone backed into it when it was parked and pushed it 15ft or so. The pay out on the bike was $5200 in my pocket and I kept the bike. I then sold the bike to a friend. So, she thinks I am spending around $6K on a new bike. But, I ended up spending $11,565 after shipping for my new 06 AE. The extra money came from my tax return and scuba instruction. So, I will let her know I found a great deal on the bike, just not bring up how much I spent on it.

Now, I won't flat out lie and say I only spent $6K. I just won't talk about the real amount I paid. Since we keep our finances separate it is not like I am taking money form her. And, I did already get her the new curtains she wanted.

all that bling is for the hoopty hoods. can you imagine what you'd feel like when they total your bling-i-fied feejer like they did your CBR? if you have to lie about money now, imagine your face when she sees the insurance rider covering the base value of the bike and all the extras. pull in for warranty work or routine services and you may have to spend most of your time picking people up off the floor from their laughing so hard.

btw: i didn't see a set of spinners in your to-do list.

Last edited by a moderator:
all that bling is for the hoopty hoods. can you imagine what you'd feel like when they total your bling-i-fied feejer like they did your CBR? if you have to lie about money now, imagine your face when she sees the insurance rider covering the base value of the bike and all the extras. pull in for warranty work or routine services and you may have to spend most of your time picking people up off the floor from their laughing so hard.
btw: i didn't see a set of spinners in your to-do list.
I take it a chrome looking FJR may not be the best option.

Once I get the bike delivered and get to stare at the bike I am sure I will come up with some other paint ideas.

No spinners for me.

You realize that is paint, right?
Yes, I am aware it is paint. I have a couple parts at work which were painted with this stuff. I just really dig the blue chrome color. But, I am still not convinced I want my entire bike in chrome.

Maybe a white bike would look cool.

I've seen pics of a white feej, forget where. Sweet.

If you go with that much chrome and bling, you'll have to change your handle from John T to Mr. T.