Chrome Wheels!!! Look Here!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like the plated look???

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not in my lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
instead of chroming the wheels, what about just polishing them? I did that on my Katana, looked just as good. It just takes time and a good dremel. I also saw a sportbike that powder coated or painted the spokes, then polished the outer part. that looked very nice. Maybe a winter project.

*** Isn't the rubber on the front wheel mounted BACKWARDS? ***
Mike,

You can see the arrow on the bottom of the tire showing the direction of rotation.

gypsy

I have a lot a chrome on my rat bike harley.....looks really pretty....especially when I am pushing it down the road.

*** Isn't the rubber on the front wheel mounted BACKWARDS? ***
Mike,

You can see the arrow on the bottom of the tire showing the direction of rotation.

gypsy
Yep. I think you're right about the arrow... Just looks like the pattern is the reverse of what it should be and channels the water towards the middle of the tire...

Smitty........

Very nice....................

Great farkle......................

Hi Smitty,

Love the wheels but the seat looks aftermarket too. Where (what brand, corbin, day long, etc) did you get the seat?

Thanks

Rob

Smitty first got a Rick Mayer seat. He was not totally satisfied with it, so he then got a Russel seat and sold the Rick Mayer.

From the looks of it, I believe that is the Rick Mayer seat on the bike. (I have a Rick Mayer also)

If I'm not mistaken, that's a Rick Mayer seat... it looks like mine.

Edit: Oops... Skooter beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you that it is for sure a Rick Mayer seat because now I own it. Bought it from Smitty when he got a Russel. I have not been able to ride with it ye because the weather here in St Louis has sucked latley.

Beautiful job Smitty...question>> where did you get the tank protectors? Are they magnetic or vinyl? Thanks in advance.

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

They look very nice.

But I'm personnally trying to move from a chromed up cruiser to an FJR right now. It has chromed wheels, differential, rotors, and forks just for starters. I spend more time polishing and cleaning than riding and I'm looking to have that stopped. I can't stant it any more.

After a few years that chrome will start to pit from rock chips and the like as well.

Ken

Didn't Smitty sell this bike?
Affirmative. :(

So everybody quit asking Smitty questions!!!! :angry:

Wonder who bought it. Anybody know? I was half tempted even though I have no need for it.