Clean Your Camelbak!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a true 'Camelbak' bladder, it should be manufactured with a special interior coating to retard bacterial growth and if it does grow, which it will given time, the slippery interior will release the oooze very easily. I pour about a half cup or more of lemon juice in then dump in a few tablespoons of baking soda and seal it all up, blow some air through the mouthpiece to inflate the bag and slosh it around real well. Rinse with water when done. No residual chlorine taste and nice and clean. It hang dries until I use it again.

If you put only water in it - no sugary drinks - it won't get yuckyJust sayin' .....

Have a good trip
That is correct, been using one for years, only put water in it. If you drink it dry by the end of the ride, you wont ever have a funky growth problem!

I've been riding with one for about 10 years - camelbac makes a special brush on a spring that fits into the tube - works well. Keeping it dry when not in use (and freezing helps) is key.