cleaning exhausts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joerider

Reaction score
anyone have any suggestions on how to bring back the original chrome look on the lower part of the exhausts that distort from the heat?

Distort??? :dribble: :blink:

I assume you are talking about the mid-pipe area between the muffler and the collector/cat chamber. I know they discolor and get coated with road splooge, etc. I've polished mine (they are stainless steel) using polishing compound or Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish. Now I have them covered with some chrome guards (like these) that help keep my boot heels from melting on them.

Distort??? :dribble: :blink:
I assume you are talking about the mid-pipe area between the muffler and the collector/cat chamber. I know they discolor and get coated with road splooge, etc. I've polished mine (they are stainless steel) using polishing compound or Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish. Now I have them covered with some chrome guards (like these) that help keep my boot heels from melting on them.
You assumed correctly. Sorry I was not more specific. I will give it a try. Thank you for the advice. Joe