COBALT BLUES IN ORYGUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

27Man

Reaction score
:) Picked up my 1300A today. Had a quote from the dealer on the trunk, pad, and mounting bracket of $749.65 which sounded ok since those 3 were $705 for the 05. When I arrived to get my bike, was told the msrp for those 3 components for the Cobalt Blue 06 is now $1100. I'm wondering what prices other folks are seeing for the top trunk, the plate, and the pad.

So other than being less than impressed with the saleskid and the dealer, I'm happy with all that COBALT BLUE in my garage this evening. Hope to hear that the price is closer to $750 than $1100.....anybody?

:) Picked up my 1300A today. Had a quote from the dealer on the trunk, pad, and mounting bracket of $749.65 which sounded ok since those 3 were $705 for the 05. When I arrived to get my bike, was told the msrp for those 3 components for the Cobalt Blue 06 is now $1100. I'm wondering what prices other folks are seeing for the top trunk, the plate, and the pad.
So other than being less than impressed with the saleskid and the dealer, I'm happy with all that COBALT BLUE in my garage this evening. Hope to hear that the price is closer to $750 than $1100.....anybody?
Have your dealer call the parts help line as there is a screw up on the pricing on the top case. The part number for the mounting hardware has not been released to the dealers, but this is it ABA-2D261-30-00 and should have a retail price very close to what the mount was for the '05 model. The part number for the '06 cobalt blue top case which has a color code of DPBMU is 5JW-W0754-60-00 and the retail price should be $482.95. The mounting hardware is in suitability testing and should be available the 1st week of May. So I'm told.

Tony

:)   Picked up my 1300A today.  Had a quote from the dealer on the trunk, pad, and mounting bracket of $749.65 which sounded ok since those 3 were $705 for the 05.  When I arrived to get my bike, was told the msrp for those 3 components for the Cobalt Blue 06 is now $1100.  I'm wondering what prices other folks are seeing for the top trunk, the plate, and the pad.
So other than being less than impressed with the saleskid and the dealer, I'm happy with all that COBALT BLUE in my garage this evening.  Hope to hear that the price is closer to $750 than $1100.....anybody?
Have your dealer call the parts help line as there is a screw up on the pricing on the top case. The part number for the mounting hardware has not been released to the dealers, but this is it ABA-2D261-30-00 and should have a retail price very close to what the mount was for the '05 model. The part number for the '06 cobalt blue top case which has a color code of DPBMU is 5JW-W0754-60-00 and the retail price should be $482.95. The mounting hardware is in suitability testing and should be available the 1st week of May. So I'm told.

Tony
TONY,

Thanks for the part number info on the top trunk components. I'll check into this with the dealers after I ride a bit since it appears that Yamaha has released this 06 without all the details worked out.

Where in Oregon would you be? I'm still WAITING in Eugene.
congrats, I'm jealous.
I would be located in SW Portland. Oregon City shop received 2, mine and one other. Beaverton shop received at least one cause I saw that on the floor with a sold sign on the seat last Sunday. Is this your first FJR?