Cobin on an 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get the saddle profile I have (LOW), I requested a special lowered seat height from Corbin when it was ordered. Plus I wanted the same stitching pattern shown on their website.
fjr1300ae_014.jpg
Hmm...You're right... Mine is different than SS'. Interesting. "Paul" the friendly customer service rep from Corbin asked all the right questions such as did I want the "special" low seat profile and asked if I wanted the same stitching as the website to which I said yes.

Interesting the differences though.

I've had Russells (on my Concours and my FJR ) and it worked well with the Connie but not with the FJR. So I went back to a Corbin Dual Canyon that came with the used FJR I bought.

Corbin obviously thinks that firmer equals more LD comfort. I rode mine on a 5,000 mile trip and nearly died. I had actual scabs where my thigh and buttock meet. OUCH! So I started riding on the stock seat. Even worse! Too soft. Back to the Corbin.

I later came to the realization that the mesh riding pants were so rough that they were chafing all that tender skin in that part of my body, even with cycling pants on underneath. I actually do better with jeans on than with these riding pants. The point is that if you're having seat problems, the clothing is definitely part of the equation.

Though I like the feeling of being low in the saddle even though I have a 32" inseam, and that it's aesthetically pleasing I still think the Corbin is a bit too firm for me and so I'm toying with the idea of adding an Airhawk to the the mix and see how that works out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered my Corbin from the Daytona store yesterday. :clapping: I ordered it yesterday morning. I am getting the front, back and backrest with stiching just like the website. However, I did include a PIC of exactly what I want. I got an email confirmation from the guy saying that it would look just like the included PIC I gave him. He also guarenteed me that it would be in Daytona by the end of the first week of October ready for me to pick up. <_< We shall see. I had one on my BMW about 2 years ago and loved it, before I sold the bike. :D Now I am loving life in the FJR and hopefully this Corbin will be just as good as my old one.

Anyone thought about re-upholstering the standard seat?

I'm interested in a Corbin for my 06 and know a few on you have bought one. How are they working out for you?I think someone purchased one with 2" plus foam. Any Pictures? What I've seen looks a bit strange if you do only the riders seat.

I had one on my old FJ1200 and loved it but I'm having a bit of a hard time swallowing the $400 price tag. I read Corbins response to inquiries about the cost.

Thanks
I'm about 4k miles in to ownership of the Corbin (heated) seats.

Loving them. They're perfect (for me).

Pics and text: https://chornbe.com/motorcycles/fjr/corbin/

Last edited by a moderator: