Cockpit of Flicker 2006 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
STA70516-1.jpg

I power using a 4 outlet adapter from Radio Shack using the 3 amp outlet in the glovebox. for the XM Roady, PassPort 8500 radar and Lowrance Iway 500 GPS. Boostaroo used to amplify the XM mounted on top of GPS. Also a very useful coffee cup holder. Maniac Salamander heavy barends, Grip puppies amd a single BMW Powerlet outlet direct to battery. Cal-Sci +2.5" windshield

Looking good there Dave, keep up the good work. I likey the XM, have to check that out someday...PM. <>< ;)

Looks busy up there. I have some stuff in the tank bag so as not so much exposed. I guess I am stealing the topic a bit but seeing you have two models of the FJR, how do the two compare? The standard compared to the AE?

I was under the impression that the Roady was not waterproof. I picked one up at a garage sale and mounted it using a Ram Aqua case.

https://tinyurl.com/yeo6jw

This case has a flexible plastic top, so you can still push the buttons on the radio.

KM

Looks busy up there. I have some stuff in the tank bag so as not so much exposed. I guess I am stealing the topic a bit but seeing you have two models of the FJR, how do the two compare? The standard compared to the AE?
If it looks busy, then it is busy!! Lots of things mounted but done so with function over form fashion(my method of farkling). I guess I have been lucky but have not yet had any things stolen when parked and the bike left alone.

Related to the AE, I like it a lot and enjoy riding it. It takes only a short time to adapt to its different shifting system. For other senior Vintage riders like me it is probably a good bike that will keep us riding for years and years after retirement. But for younger racers and LDRs I would not recommend it. Having the clutch handle in your hands is really a more predictable way to control the bike in slow, rough gravel or sandy roads and extremely tight Uturn situations.

I am glad I have the AE and whether you like it or not, it is the wave of the future for many models of all OEM bikes. I do not think the extra $1800 cost really is a good investment, but the grip warmers are nice to have things.

I was under the impression that the Roady was not waterproof. I picked one up at a garage sale and mounted it using a Ram Aqua case. https://tinyurl.com/yeo6jw

This case has a flexible plastic top, so you can still push the buttons on the radio.

KM
I have the Roady on several of my bikes and it has never had a problem with rain. However, as I live in southern CA it doesn't get rained on much. But when I am out doing rallies, IBs, etc, the rain has never been a problem.

Nice setup. Have you had any issues with the iWay? I looked into them but went with a Garmin 2730 instead. Still think the iWay is a better buy but I was worried about it having a hard drive.

Hey Turbo!..... is that your new helmet in the background?
Dude.. you ROCK. :D
Good Morning Dan, yep one of my many "hats" Is a KBC Force with US Air Corps markings from WWII period(Was born before the war started but too young to fly those neat birds then!!)

FYI, if interested in a great buy on a Nolan 100E modular, check www.denniskirk.com

I just bought one retailed at 250+ for 138 delivered.

Good to hear from you. From one Rocker to another!!

Sincerely

TurboDave, alive and still kickin and riding like a good Clamper should!

Good Morning Dan, yep one of my many "hats" Is a KBC Force with US Air Corps markings from WWII period(Was born before the war started but too young to fly those neat birds then!!)

FYI, if interested in a great buy on a Nolan 100E modular, check www.denniskirk.com

Sincerely

Nice Set-up, What is that on your mirrors? The Canadian/Euro Hand guards? Are they worth the money? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sincerely

Nice Set-up, What is that on your mirrors? The Canadian/Euro Hand guards? Are they worth the money? Thanks.
PF-Flyer, yep Canadian(Freedom Cycle) Handguards. Worth the money, probably NOT but them coupled with the AE grip warmers sure makes it nice when it is cool at night here in southern CA. I am a gadget man so I got them!!

Bounce, like your Army Helmet, thats way KEWL, congrats on being A VETERAN, I SALUTE all VETS