Cold last night...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17 degrees at 03:00 over Donner Pass earlier this month, My hands were frozen and I was still cold with the Widder on full. I'm getting hand guards and Gerbings gear.

It was 33 degrees that same morning down here in Sumner. I have a full heated liner in my Aerostitch Darien jacket, but nowhere to plug into on the FJR yet (I haven't decided how to hook up yet, but I'm leaning toward getting the Townsend bracket for the helmet guardian locks with extra hole for a BMW powerlet outlet). Despite no extra heat, I was WAAAY warmer than I used to be on my CBR1100XX thanks to the FJR's better wind protection.

Not sure why all the fuss over heated gear. Been riding the Wasatch at around 20 degrees for a couple of weeks and the only thing that gets cold are my hands. Just duofold thermals under riding pants and a Tour Master Jacket. I'm definately looking into heated grips or gloves though. You guys in WA must have more moisture in the air than Utah.