Come ON, guys, move your ass...!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Hopefully, this Star-Traxx positioning (that I just pulled up) is a good hour or more old, because the Penalty Clock starts in approximately 2 1/2 hours (7pm CDT), and this still shows Iggy and DougC roughly 200-ish miles remaining..... and they still have to go through St Louis metro traffic.... :unsure:

LegOneRemaining.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope its wrong too, but if you listen to Paul's audio blog, there is a massive storm that was holding him and Brian Robers up. It very well could be that they are stuck under an overpass trying to stay out of the massive wind and rain that Paul and Brian are up against too.

Rest assured,

this is going down as one of the most brutal IBR's ever, as far as weather is concerned.

My pal near STL says they closed the university where he teaches because the threat of lightening strikes ON CAMPUS was too high.

That prolly sucked bald dog sitting like two ducks on an overpass in that kinda crap.

GZ

Its 7:45 EST as I write this. I just checked the weather radar at weather.com. I hate to say this but anybody rolling in on I-70 is in for what looks like the most brutal part of the ride yet.

There is a front line that is sliding north-east in such a way that the line is sliding along I-70. It looks like it is raining from St.Louis all the way to Indianapolis. The weather radar looks like someone took a red highlighter and shaded in the area over I-70.

Of course (as I understand it) this is the only checkpoint on this years rally. So you can't DNF this one and then pick it up on the next leg. Those riders are trying desperately to get to St.Louis and they've got a huge wall between them and there.

My thoughts go out to _any_ IBR Riders stuck out there on I-70 right now. They will be putting in the ride of their lives right now.

- Colin

Addedum 8:30est: They made it! Just noticed a posting on Matt's blog that they rolled in with 55 minutes to spare. Also according to the his audioblog Peloquin has also made it in good shape. Woo Hoo!

Its 7:45 EST as I write this. I just checked the weather radar at weather.com. I hate to say this but anybody rolling in on I-70 is in for what looks like the most brutal part of the ride yet.
There is a front line that is sliding north-east in such a way that the line is sliding along I-70. It looks like it is raining from St.Louis all the way to Indianapolis. The weather radar looks like someone took a red highlighter and shaded in the area over I-70.

Of course (as I understand it) this is the only checkpoint on this years rally. So you can't DNF this one and then pick it up on the next leg. Those riders are trying desperately to get to St.Louis and they've got a huge wall between them and there.

My thoughts go out to _any_ IBR Riders stuck out there on I-70 right now. They will be putting in the ride of their lives right now.

- Colin

Addedum 8:30est: They made it! Just noticed a posting on Matt's blog that they rolled in with 55 minutes to spare. Also according to the his audioblog Peloquin has also made it in good shape. Woo Hoo!
Matt said that HE made it back. He did not mention Doug. Star Traxx still show's Doug's location to be on I 70 in Indiana. Hopefully his tracker gave out..... I hope he is not really still in Indiana.

- Colin

Matt said that HE made it back. He did not mention Doug. Star Traxx still show's Doug's location to be on I 70 in Indiana. Hopefully his tracker gave out..... I hope he is not really still in Indiana.
Doug is in -- someone on the Sabmag list talked to him. Electrics running the Startrax gave out 150 miles from the checkpoint.

Whew!

From Matt's blog:

Back at the Barn - Leg 1 Done!Posted by Matt Watkins under Leg 1

I’m back safe and sound with 55 minutes to spare.

Working on scoring now.

Will blog later.

Matt

Doug was in by about 4pm or so. Skoot was not too far behind. Matt came in about 7pm after going for more bonuses.

Doug had an electrical problem about 150 miles out of St. Louis, which killed his Star-traxx along with everything else but his GPS. He was pretty bummed out when he came in ... tired both mentally and physically. He needs our prayers and encouragement, because he was considering dropping out.

However, Smitty and Mehaffydr quickly came to the rescue and fixed the electrical problem (Loose wires, not the stator), changed his tires and oil and he was as good as new. I hope after he spends some time with his wife and daughter (who came into town just this evening to see him) that his spirits are boosted and he heads back out on the road tomorrow with renewed enthusiasm.

there is a massive storm that was holding him and Brian Roberts up.
I now have confirmation that Brian Roberts made it as well.... whew!

Holy freaking crap.... this is unnerving, waiting for the "word" on people.....

Trying to get info on any time-barred folks, my suspicion is that there will likely be some.....

Doug had an electrical problem about 150 miles out of St. Louis, which killed his Star-traxx along with everything else but his GPS. He was pretty bummed out when he came in ... tired both mentally and physically. He needs our prayers and encouragement, because he was considering dropping out.
Hang in there, Doug! :)