Concours 14 vs. Yamaha FJR1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FJR looks likes Mila Jovavich. C14 looks like Aretha Franklin. Just my humble opinion. [but you must RESPECT the Queen of soul..]
Yeah and what is Aretha doing with them pair of humongus trapezoidal bazzokas shoved up her bum, and is that a gas tank or a tribute to the humpback whale, and the textured plastic fairing sides look like the designer was high on the 'bummer making' blue LSD during a maraton run of star trek episodes.

The connie is ugly, not victory vision ugly, but ... oh what the hell it isn't that bad, its beginning to make me laugh.

FJR looks likes Mila Jovavich. C14 looks like Aretha Franklin. Just my humble opinion. [but you must RESPECT the Queen of soul..]
Yeah and what is Aretha doing with them pair of humongus trapezoidal bazzokas shoved up her bum, and is that a gas tank or a tribute to the humpback whale, and the textured plastic fairing sides look like the designer was high on the 'bummer making' blue LSD during a maraton run of star trek episodes.

The connie is ugly, not victory vision ugly, but ... oh what the hell it isn't that bad, its beginning to make me laugh.
never ending pointless yapping from the members. keep the focus genius!

I too am a former C-10 owner who made the switch recently.
I looked at both the C-14 and the FJR and bought the FJR, here are my reasons...

1) FJR runs on regular gas, C-14 must have premium

2) FJR has bigger tank

3) FJR felt not as wide, for all the C-14's deceptive nimbleness she is a wide pig :)

4) I saw the video on the valve adjust for the C-14, and all I can say is HOLY CRAP

5) I've heard of way too many issues with Kipass (Stranded a friend of mine twice)

6) The Muffler on the Connie is just butt ugly (Just my opinion there)

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the C-14, but I wanted a much better bargain, and frankly, IMHO the FJR is one Sexahy Beahst!! :)
Did the same route only I still have my 04 Connie, my 08 fjr is sweet and slick but there is something I just can't shake about the old c10.(Visceral) Don't tell the wife, she thinks I will eventually sell the Connie.

never ending pointless yapping from the members. keep the focus genius!
Sorry I wasted your precious time, if I had known you were doing cancer research, or working on fusion energy, while solving all the problems of the world, I would have stayed silent!

Hi guys

Here in Portugal, most riders prefer Honda's and BMW's. It's dificult to understand. Because it's a little country, Honda has the fame of reliability and BMW's profit from its status and "quality" image. Kawasaki it's not consensual. It's loved by a significant group of middle age and experient bikers, but hated by many others! Yamaha has capitalized the confidence of many people, in the last years. They've always a good product, with nice price, reliable and with a good cost of ownership. This is valid for superbikes, sport, touring, trail, scooters, etc.

In the sport touring market, this reality can be validated. Honda has a (still) very apreciated Pan European, with some important qualities, BMW's K 1300GT and R1200RT have a strong image (and lots of problems, often denied by owners and dealers), Kawasaki's GTR 1400 is a passion bike and FJR 1300 still is considerated has a very good price-quality and price-performance ST bike. In the ST segment, the FJR 1300 is still the bike with more sales in Portugal!!!

Personaly, I had a ST 1300 for 3 years, a FJR 1300'04 for one year and own now a GTR 1400 with 3 months and 6500km. I've no doubts that GTR is a faster, more powerfull and, in general, a more refined, actual and better ST bike. But that's my opinion.

However, I'm sure in the future Yamaha will have a completely new FJR, with more qualities than the GTR. Yamaha has proved that is the manufactor more active and sensible to its costumers needs. See the all new V-Max, the R1, Tenere, scooters, etc. They make improvements to their bikes every year. For example, HOnda has pretty the same ST 1300 since 2002 (7 years ago). Yamaha has improved FJR at least in 2003, 2004 and 2006.

This is a "portuguese" side of story...

Pedro Gordo

GTR 1400'09 (ex-FJR 1300'04)

Portugal

Last edited by a moderator:
The FJR is the lightest feeling out of all the sport tourers. I read Rider and the FJR usually wins that comparison between the Honda, BMW, Kawi, and Yama-Haul. The last article I read gave it to the Honda only because of the abrupt throttle on the 07 fixed for 08. Besides, the FJR looks like it's going 100mph sitting still. IMHO the best looking by a very wide margin. That beemer is just flat ugly.