Conductive Glove tips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyUSN

Reaction score
Just order a set of these conductive tips. Anyone try them yet?

glovetips-installed-medium.jpg

My primary concern will be the adhesive keeping the tips secure long term. Will probably look into adding some additional glue to the install.

HERE "No affiliation"

Last edited by a moderator:
Just order a set of these conductive tips. Anyone try them yet?

glovetips-installed-medium.jpg

My primary concern will be the adhesive keeping the tips secure long term. Will probably look into adding some additional glue to the install.

HERE "No affiliation"

I don't like the looks of these. It looks like a solid metal tab that will likely scratch your screen.

Installation also looks pretty involved - and where does that conductive cloth wind up inside your glove? There are other conductive fingered gloves out there that use conductive thread woven into the finger tips. I think they work pretty well

Let us know how these work out for you.

By the way, you can also use your tongue, nose, or any other protruding body part to operate your capacitive touchscreen.

I don't like the looks of these. It looks like a solid metal tab that will likely scratch your screen.
Depends on your touchscreen. I have a Samsung Captivate, it has the Gorilla Glass on it. This is tough stuff. I watched a video of a guy trying to scratch his glass with his keys. He kept pressing harder and harder while dragging them across the screen. Ended up cracking the screen UNDER the glass before he put a single scratch on it.

Mine has been abused and only recently has a mysterious scratch appeared. Otherwise, its' in pretty much perfect condition. I'm certain these gloves would have no impact on the screen on my phone. Interesting stuff though, I was just the other day trying to use my phone with gloves on for the first time and discovered it didn't work. Interesting to know someone is out there addressing this issue.

I bought a bobbin of conductive thread, 60' for $4. I sewed it in the tips of my glove and it works great, although sewing in the tips of your gloves is one big pain in the arse.

Could you put a couple of stitches in the stick-on ones to make them stay in place better?

I put an offer on the "pay it forward" thread a while back to anyone who wants a few feet of this thread and only a few people took advantage. The offer still stands. PM me I'll send you some. I think 60' is more than i will use in my lifetime.

Installation also looks pretty involved - and where does that conductive cloth wind up inside your glove? There are other conductive fingered gloves out there that use conductive thread woven into the finger tips. I think they work pretty well

Let us know how these work out for you.

By the way, you can also use your tongue, nose, or any other protruding body part to operate your capacitive touchscreen.
It's not metal it's the conductive thread and a patch of conductive material for the inside of the glove.

As a relatively average man, I can figure out another body part to safely touch my screen while riding
huh.gif

Not2Shabby: I see you've got them, how about a since install review... I'm going to do the same, left Index finger only, and plan to re-enforce with some superglue to ensure the edges remain down.

Allrider: I was about to buy the thread when I saw this and figured I'd give'em looking like a simpler install option than the PITA sewing in a glove finger tip. A really nice pay it forward offer regardless!

They work just fine! I've mounted my DroidX and used them to launch several different apps form Carhome Ultra, no problem. Even took a few pics and a video or 2. Just be careful and don't take your eyes off the road for too long! I did put some glue around the patch because it tended to loosen up. I think just sewing the thread in the fingertip would probably be the most secure method, but your glove would surely NOT be waterproof!

I bought a bobbin of conductive thread, 60' for $4. I sewed it in the tips of my glove and it works great, although sewing in the tips of your gloves is one big pain in the arse.

Could you put a couple of stitches in the stick-on ones to make them stay in place better?

I put an offer on the "pay it forward" thread a while back to anyone who wants a few feet of this thread and only a few people took advantage. The offer still stands. PM me I'll send you some. I think 60' is more than i will use in my lifetime.
PM sent on the conductive thread offer. I'll post up an update after I get it sewn in.

Thanks.

Since its summer time on the surface of the sun, I've pulled out my Icon perforated leather gloves. There's enough holes that I can use them with my iPhone.

It's on and works as advertised.

A better option than buying one of the handful (some overpriced) glove options the come screen ready. This as an area motorcycle glove makers should be $$$ tapping into $$$

My only complaint is all three tips came with the conductive thread (that is meant to be tied to the conductive swath of material) wrapped together... The rats nest of thin thread took longer to unwind and separate (ended up cutting out a tangle) than it did to install with some additional super glue nound the edges.

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg