connie priced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll go look at it in about 2 years. Elsewise, yawn. Need to ditch those fecking ribbed-for-her-pleasure bags and that bazooka can. Also, I can't see the need for VVT on an MC. Technology overkill, IMO.

I'll go look at it in about 2 years. Elsewise, yawn. Need to ditch those fecking ribbed-for-her-pleasure bags and that bazooka can. Also, I can't see the need for VVT on an MC. Technology overkill, IMO.
+100 on the can - just can't take that - needs to be dual exhaust. Ever'body knows chicks dig dual exhaust!! :dribble:

I'll probably be keeping my eyes on it. See how it performs over the long run, and maybe consider it in two years... that is if I haven't gotten over my GS kick....

On paper this thing rocks the casbah.

In reality.... we'll see!

Let the comparo's begin. Kawi should be kicking the FJR all about town considering our platform is 7 / 2 years old (Gen I / Gen II). But somehow, I don't think that will happen. I think Yami got it pretty damn perfect!

-BD

Fuel Tank Capacity 5.8 gal.
We can outlast 'em!

Wonder how much it weighs?
I got an opportunity to sit on the Connie off the kickstand this weekend at Infineon at the Kawi display and it did feel lighter than the FJR especially on top. Also sat on an X-14 and this bike is very comfortable and considerablly light. It would be nice.....PM. <>< :D

I'm really glad that it's out if that is true. Personally I think they missed the mark in a number of ways.

1. Ther're really ugly when you compare them side by side to the competion.

2. Coyote ugly with the bags off.

3. Smallest tank and thirstyist engine of the group. Not good timing on this one.

The really good part is that the whole appeal of this bike was supposed to be ACCELERATION, pure and simple. If it ends up being noticably quicker (which is looking less likely) it will siphon off the most aggressive STT riders and concentrate them into someone elses insurance rates. The Initial figures are only slightly higher than the FJR or the 1200GT. Honda and Yamaha both chose longer stroke engines which are more suited to heavier bikes and 2 up riding. They were't confined to using an engine designed specifically for a sport platform. That is the only reason I can see for incurring the cost and complexity of VVT - trying to get the torque back after dropping the compression. I think this ultimatly will not serve them well.

BTW - Where did this rumor come from? The official site still says "Price to be determined"

Last edited by a moderator:
We can outlast 'em!
Does one get better mileage when drafting? :D
AIGF :bike:

I got an opportunity to sit on the Connie off the kickstand this weekend at Infineon at the Kawi display and it did feel lighter than the FJR especially on top.
Painman, how did the GTR feel, posture wise, when setting on it? Did it have as much or less forward tilt than the 06 FJR? How about structure of the seat, particularly width and support? :questionmark:

We can outlast 'em!

I got an opportunity to sit on the Connie off the kickstand this weekend at Infineon at the Kawi display and it did feel lighter than the FJR especially on top.
Painman, how did the GTR feel, posture wise, when setting on it? Did it have as much or less forward tilt than the 06 FJR? How about structure of the seat, particularly width and support? :questionmark:

Didn't you sell your FJR? You looking at the Connie or sumpin' else?

We can outlast 'em!

Didn't you sell your FJR? You looking at the Connie or sumpin' else?
Right TWN. Sold near the end of March to a forum member. Was planning to get a Wing. Hun loves the “barcolounger” on ‘em. Under consideration was a new 07 orange with ABS or a red 04 ABS showing only 3,600 miles. However, got the opportunity to take a Wing on a descent test-ride (little over an hour) and decided I just couldn’t deal with that much bulk— especially at low speeds. Guess Hun will be relegated to infrequent rides of short to moderate duration.

I’m definitely looking forward to test-riding one of the GTR’s, but it’s gotta be dressed in high-gloss black for me. :D Can’t take that silver color. I’ve not committed to one yet, but it’s a strong possibility. I’ll probably take a test-ride, wait a few weeks, and then take the plunge if no horror stories surface. If I do take the plunge, one of the first mods I’ll be considering is the disposition of that RS “drum thing” cause I like the balanced look of dual cans like the feejer’s much better.

I do admit to being reluctant to commit to an unproven platform. OTOH, IMO, big K has proven itself in the past to be something of an innovator; therefore, I’m kinda willing to give ‘em the benefit of the doubt.

Contingencies, if the GTR doesn’t make muster I may get a blue 08 KLR650 this summer. Let the dust settle for a while. See how things have gone for folks with the GTR. Then take another look at the GTR and the 08 FJR--which I’m hoping will be painted black and available by Dec, along with taking a first look at the 1250 Bandit.

I’ve heard DS’s appreciate the company of, and don’t mind sharing a garage with, a good SST. :bike:

We can outlast 'em!

Hey shokdimn, sitting on the Connie as far as riding position is similar to the FJR. I think the FJR in stock form has a slightly more forward position though. I think the bike is less poundage than the FJR but the one I sat on I'm sure had no liquids in it and as far as the seat it is comparable to the FJR in width and comfort but slightly narrower at the front of the seat than the FJR. I made my own seat awhile back very similar to a Russell so the discomfort of a stock seat is a distant memory for comparison. The width of the bike on top in general seemed narrower than the FJR as well. The distance across the hardbags on the Connie also seem wider than the FJR and while I was there the rep from Kawi took one of the bags off and the FJR definitly looks better with the bags off. They also seem to be mounted higher up which could also help in the turns. The impression I got and have got with any Kawi vs. Yamaha is the Kawi lacks in quality. I'm not saying the Kawi should be ignored but thats the feel I get. Ground clearance looked like it might also be better on the Kawi. Also I questioned the rep on the difference of the Connie engine vs. the X-14 engine and he would not admit it is detuned but did say there is a difference in how the engine is setup. My choice would be FJR of course but really one needs to test drive the Kawi for a real comparo. Now I did get to check out the X-14 and this bike has style and won my approval in its looks, stance and comfort for a bike in that catagory, sweet. This bike has mucho power and is in an ultra light package. I would definitly like to add that bad boy to the stable. Hope this might have helped and sorry I didn't get any pics. PM. <>< :D

05fjrBluedevil wrote:

Concours™ 14 (2008)Our Price $12,999.00*

Concours™ 14 ABS (2008)

Request a Quote*
No answer, yet, to the question of - WHERE did you get this info.. None to my PM either.

Hmmmmmm

Come on, Inquiring minds want to know.

good luck on getting one anywhere near MSRP the first year - this will be one hot motorcycle...

Yea, and I will still wait a bit. I bet there is not one single farkle for one of them new thangs
Well, that and the fact that it's a Kawasaki. Plus, it's rolling off the factory floor with several flaws and problems that will be addressed in the Gen-II version.