Considering an FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has gotten very informative, how to get to know your FJR brothers and sisters through the topic "money invested vs. enjoyment received". We are all on the same page after all.

I am in the same place as GalaxyBlue....single with farkle money but thanks to this place, educated enough to know what I want and need.

What a great resource this place is..... :yahoo:

When compared to the Harley guys, we've got it good. Way good.Them fellers go apeshit spending $$$ on non-functional farkles :lol: .
Non-functional farkles for non-functional bik... Who said that? Not me. :p

If you guys think the FJR is bad, you should see the price tag for modding vettes. Despite the fact that they use the same tranny and engine as last gen camaros/firebirds, there is this little thing called "vette tax" Add at least 15% to anything for a camaro and that is what it costs for the vette. My wife was happy when I sold the vette, and started looking for a FJR... :D

Although after doing all this reading, ive got a bunch of farkles picked out which she won't be happy with :p

Isnt' this called "The Neverending Story"?

No Mary it's called "Having Fun". Sounds like your having lots of fun....

Yup...Having way lots of fun...

Letsee... got Fred's taillights to install in the Givi box,

Install the bigger generator,

need to redo the wiring on the handlebars, the shop that did it left a congomeration of wiring all over the front... and take off the heated grips... they make my palms sweat, I pickup up some heated gloves to plug into my WarmNSafe jacket liner...

Pbly will need a new battery in the spring... guess I have to learn how to take all the tupperware off!

got the fiberglass hugger

gotta trim the Corbin close to make it fit with the Givi luggage rack

Change two plugs from BMW style to the little round ones

change the wiring for the GPS and add mounts for that and the X50

mount the WarmNSafe Heatroller..

fix the tailight wiring on the Harley,

add some led's to the Triumph, it's got only one taillight...

install some riding pegs on it,

get a aux tank for the Harley and the Triumph...

and get three new tires...

Yup... looks like I'll be busy.... ALMOST as much fun as riding....

At least you guys were considerate enuf to schedule WFO two weeks from the Harley forum getogether I always go to.... so I can go to both this year...! Yippee!!

I love my Feejr... it's s easy to ride, just like a sportbike that's comfortable...

I love having the flashing headlight ( forgot what they're called)...people kind move over real fast when I slide up behind them... :D

The only bad thing all summer was the cop that flashed those pretty little red and blue lights at me to slow down!

Mary

Whenever the wife bitches and moans about anything I buy related to the bike, I ask her how much fixing all the broken crap ,her and her ex-boyfiend never got fixed, in the house is costing me. New furnace, hot water heater ,windows AND 4 leaking skylights, un flashed roof(on an addition that they never removed old siding to attach frame to), Re-wiring of the house, and new a/c unit. Also, had to finish middle bathroom as it had a nice shower,but no tiles, trim on walls or paint!

That usually shuts her up, and I leave the ex out of it. This winter's project is to replace the stairs going to the basement, before they give way and tear somebody up. Each stair has to have a thousand frickin staples for the carpeting in it.

W/ the FJR I Spend maybe 4 hrs a qrtr in maintenance and farkle time, then I turn the key and enjoy the hell outof it. I wish this house was that easy! It's all relative my friends, but this bike has the highest $ to :D factor of anything I have ever encountered. Right there w/ the dog :lol:

Well, here's another view at FJR expenses from a frugal yankee (hey, I have a Concours, what does that tell ya?)

Bike $8995 ('05 w/ 12k miles)

Ins. $344 (full coverage thru Progressive)

Sales Tax $0 (live (tax) free or die in NH)

License fees ~$100/yr.

PPE equipment $0 (I already had everything and do not have a need need to match my bike color to be happy)

Accessories:

Bike came used with Corbin Canyon Seat, Heated Grips, fork brace, upgraded sonic fork springs, front powerlet outlet and best of all Y.E.S. warranty thru 9/2009

New Givi SR346 rack $95 (eBay Auction)

JC Whitney large rear trunk (Givi E460 clone) $80

I also bought a new OE seat off eBay ($35) to compare to my Corbin Canyon and possibly have customized into a Russel Daylong or some other custom seat.

I will eventually buy some sort of Bar raisers and a bigger shield for cold riding.

That's about it for actual "needs".

So it just proves that if you are careful you can have a FJR well farkled up for under $10k.