Cool Squirt Bottle Options?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, this thread is kind of humorous. Solving problems is a HUGH part of the LD sport. A lot of that revolves around finding the right tool for the job. I've got an $1100 auxiliary fuel take to solve the fuel range problem, about $1000 of GPS's to solve the navigation problem, a small laptop and a couple hundred dollars in software to help solve the routing problem...you get the point. Almost hilarious Ignacio can't find a decent $.89 spray bottle. And I'm in the same boat: since Windex quit marketing it's wipes in those small 3x8 inch envelopes, I've been struggling with the dirty visor problem.

Almost hilarious Ignacio can't find a decent $.89 spray bottle. And I'm in the same boat: since Windex quit marketing it's wipes in those small 3x8 inch envelopes, I've been struggling with the dirty visor problem.
I'm having a serious belly laugh now. Thanks! :)

Maybe I should have started this particular query in LD Rider brother. I look at this post and it is so totally anal and weird from the outside.

I didn't even share that I estimated a quality bottle would save me 20-40 minutes over the course of a multi-day rally and possibly result in a one spot change in the finishing order. ;)

Use these:

1012623890.jpg

I use these pads when I tour and they are much better than carrying a bottle around. To use them on the road, at speed, you could put them in a zip lock (don't zip it closed) in an easy accessible side pocket of your tank bag.

Scott

Almost hilarious Ignacio can't find a decent $.89 spray bottle. And I'm in the same boat: since Windex quit marketing it's wipes in those small 3x8 inch envelopes, I've been struggling with the dirty visor problem.
I'm having a serious belly laugh now. Thanks! :)

Maybe I should have started this particular query in LD Rider brother. I look at this post and it is so totally anal and weird from the outside.

I didn't even share that I estimated a quality bottle would save me 20-40 minutes over the course of a multi-day rally and possibly result in a one spot change in the finishing order. ;)
Matt, IIRC in the last 4 rallies you've been in, you only have ONE spot change to gain.....?????......

Not sure if this one is too big, but here is a link: https://www.usplastic...23853&catid=807

The site says Low Cost, High Quality. They have other options too.
I think THAT is the best option I've seen so far. I know those Nalgene are higher quality and likely the size is Goldilocks for my application.

Thanks! :clapping:
For that specific type of bottle, in case you're not familiar with them, it requires manually pumping the lid to build pressure which propels the contents. That'll probably be difficult to do one-handed on an FJR. There may be other bottles on that site though.

Matt, IIRC in the last 4 rallies you've been in, you only have ONE spot change to gain.....?????......
Another one who gets it. ;)

"I'd like to dedicate this victory to my windex squirt bottle and the member of FJR forum that helped me clean my visor while on the go...without running out of fluid...and without my straw snapping."

Not sure if this one is too big, but here is a link: https://www.usplastic...23853&catid=807

The site says Low Cost, High Quality. They have other options too.
I think THAT is the best option I've seen so far. I know those Nalgene are higher quality and likely the size is Goldilocks for my application.

Thanks! :clapping:
For that specific type of bottle, in case you're not familiar with them, it requires manually pumping the lid to build pressure which propels the contents. That'll probably be difficult to do one-handed on an FJR. There may be other bottles on that site though.
Don't sell Iggy short. I am sure he is capable of pumping all sorts of things one-handed while riding on his FJR :p

For that specific type of bottle, in case you're not familiar with them, it requires manually pumping the lid to build pressure which propels the contents. That'll probably be difficult to do one-handed on an FJR.
Don't sell Iggy short. I am sure he is capable of pumping all sorts of things one-handed while riding on his FJR :p
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SHNORT, SPLUTTER -- Coffee Spew !!!

Da Squirrel's gotcha there, Ig! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You might check out Bugslide. Bugs will wipe off with a glove. Keep the microfiber cloth with a little sprayed on it in a pocket for even better clean up. You don't really need to spray unless they dry on there for a while. I've been using it for a couple of years now.

Just a thought...

No comment...other than if a rally master made it a bonus worth points...I'd be all over it. ;)
And so . . . we have finally identified a conflict between elected official and rally monster roles.

Mindful that the documentation of such a bonerus and its performance location might run afoul of local laws and community sensibilities, perhaps the RM might make it optional to permit such gratification to take place within the confines of one of the establishments in Nevada where such activities are legal.

Of course, I suppose we'd then be reading calculations about amount of time saved (and positions gained) by obtaining such relief on the bike versus within the confines of a business establishment (with/without its employees' assistance). Let me guess -- quicker is the preferred option? :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess -- quicker is the preferred option? :rolleyes: ;)
Yes, and any professional establishment is going to be a time sink that wastes far more time than finding the most perfect squirt bottle. While I had ample opportunity to go on multiple side trips trips last summer in Wild Wild West.....I wouldn't have scored 2nd if I had done so. Whorehouse are not rally efficient.

I will say though that SPANK 2008.......I found the women of Montreal stunningly beautiful and hard to shake the memory of. I had to take matters into my own hands the next day to clear things and refocus on the rally. Call it a modified rest bonus https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=45.51582,-87.285519&spn=0.010495,0.01929&t=h&z=16here in the beautiful and isolated woods of the UP near the highway. ;)

BTW, I won that rally! ;)

And I ordered the 6 oz. Nalgene bottle, a couple other bottles, a few cheap 4 oz sprayers, and even a set of forceps. Thanks Squirrel!

And I ordered the 6 oz. Nalgene bottle, a couple other bottles, a few cheap 4 oz sprayers, and even a set of forceps. Thanks Squirrel!
Forceps?? Really? The mind fairly reels at the tought of what you might use them for... :dribble:

I will say though that SPANK 2008.......I found the women of Montreal stunningly beautiful and hard to shake the memory of. I had to take matters into my own hands the next day to clear things and refocus on the rally. Call it a modified rest bonus https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=45.51582,-87.285519&spn=0.010495,0.01929&t=h&z=16here in the beautiful and isolated woods of the UP near the highway. ;)
Wow! I had NO idea that was what that rally was named for! So you actually get "rest bonus" points for spanking little charlie in that event??? :blink: ;) :lol: