Cool Squirt Bottle Options?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you actually get "rest bonus" points for spanking little charlie in that event??? :blink: ;) :lol:
No, my addition of the word "modified" meant it was entirely of my own doing. No points gained. However, had I not stopped...there's a good chance my vision would have gotten more cross-eyed and I would have had to slow down and rest elsewhere. Like cleaning your visor on the move...it's one of those things that don't net you new points....they just reduce the chance of losing points.

I did confess it to the rally master afterwards and he laughed his butt off.

I ever organize a rally....I'm thinking of making it a bonus.....under the honor system of course. ;)

I'm thinking a remote Reservoir , one of those electric pumps cars use for the windsheid wiper fluid, a button on the handlebars, and a tiny spray head positioned where you can just move your helmet up to it, hit the button and get a blast of the juice of your choice. That way the 5x5x2 space only needs to hold the rags.

Thinking Patriot is going to run with this..........

KM

Here's a thought....

This is a set of 8 clear 4oz PET Boston round bottles. You will get 4 with natural disk press dispensing lids and 4 with natural fine mist spray atomizer tops and overcaps. (The Boston Round bottles are fatter than the Cosmo Round Bullet bottles.)

Approximate Dimensions:

1 7/8” diameter (almost 2"); neck finish: 20/410

Spray bottle: height (with overcap on) 5";

Dispensing bottle: height 4 1/4";

Material:

PET

Click :rolleyes:

%21BdqIhp%21Bmk~%24%28KGrHqQOKj%21Eq4rgh%2Co%28BK53I0hiPg~~_35.JPG

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit that I have yet to see a bike in full rally mode,nor do I know what each individual rider's

personal "Set-up" is on their FJR(s). Butt.... I have given some thought to this probem for my own bike.

My glove box is (For the moment) a wasted space. So here is a thought (However out of inexperience

it may be) Your imagination must go into high gear for this...

I am looking at a plastic bottle (10 oz) about 2 inches thick with a high quality pump sprayer. I have

already adapted my glove box because my catch broke awhile ago. First it was duct tape, then valcro

and finally I rivoted a magnetic cabinet door catch for closure. I like this set up... push down- the lid

opens a half inch- then pull the lid open the rest of the way. I did this because I am CHEAP.

... anyway now take a flat piece of plastic- shape it to the inside of the glove box (Which is naturally

bevelled with 2 support shelves) core drill the plastic 1/8 inch larger than the bottle, and install it into

the glove box. With rivots, this could be down quite efectively using only the upper half of the glove box.

... now you could coat the edges with some non skid substance as to keep the bottle from popping out.

Pros- You can pull out a cloth one handed (Clutch side) - cover the pump top with the cloth and pump

amount of solution onto the cloth- then wipe the face shield- all one handed. No need to remove the

bottle or hold it.

Then at a fuel stop- the bottle could be pulled out and used on the windscreen... if desired.

very time efficiently. And much safer than spraying the shield then wiping.

Cons- You loose half the glove box space. And must keep the lid open for rallies, unless you are willing

to core drill the lid itself too OR unless you use a bottle stout enough to have the lid shut with

the bottle in.

If you use your glove box already for more important items... then never mind my ramblings. :p

Butt................You could mount a bottle on your shelf with a "Sunken well" type addition with maybe

valcro on the bottom for rough roads?