Corbin Dual Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the heated ones. Really never use the heat. Waste of money. But the Corbin seats I like alot.

I found that when I was two-up my wife under heavy breaking would always slide up on me. Which caused a lot of pressure on my wrist. Without her on the seat I liked it, however, I sold it and bought a Rick Mayer seat. In my opinion a much better overall seat for my needs.

Just to thoughts,

Dave

I like my Corbin Canyon Duo enough. I put a sheep skin pad on it, and that greatly extended my longevity in the sack, er, I mean saddle. When I brake, the SO squeezes my hips with her very strong thighs, and that prevents her from pushing on my back and shoulders.

I have the Duo Canyon w/ fake ostrich skin. I like the saddle however it is a bit hard. After 400 miles I am spent. I also agree that my wife slides forward when braking. The passenger backrest w/ trunk is a great addition.

Well I really want to get a passenger back rest for not so much $$$. I have a chance to pick up a Corbin Canyon Duo in goo shape for $150. Thanks for the notes fellas, I have to think about it now.

I have about 5000 miles on my Corbin(most of it two up). I also have the factory Yamaha trunk with pad. Alot of people say the passenger does not have enough room with the pad on the box, but the wife says its perfect. Not sure if that has something to do with the Corbin or not? I love the it. The more you ride the better it is. Just like a glove but not for your hands!

I always thought the corbins looked great but were too hard for long rides. I switched to A sargent seat and bought LD Comfort motorcycling undershorts and have never looked back

my 06 has the corbin seat on it. I really like it but have not had the bike very long. It does seam a little hard but what do I know the seat on the 2000 Buell X1 lightning I sold to help pay for the fjr was so soft I could feel the seat pan digging into my leg after about 20 miles.

I have a Corbin seat and backrest that I got with my Gen I for sale. E-Bay items #220733031296 & #220733036588. I made a bracket for the backrest that allows it to be mounted to the luggage rack instead of the seat, so it will work with a stock seat or can be used with a Corbin or other aftermarket seat without pushing the passenger too far forward. Are the seats the same between Gen I and Gen II?

I didn't see a forum section for items for sale, so put this info here. Hope that's not a violation of forum policy.

matalex60,

I have a Similar Canyon Dancer on mine. It has a Hole in the back for the Passenger Backrest which can be removed with a pin or bolt if necessary.

I believe, if you use the Passenger Backrest, the Top Case may not fit, then the Top Case will then serve as a passenger backrest.

Great Seat with almost a thousand mile days with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator: