Corbin Modular '06 '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a Corbin front on my 07 a few weeks ago. As it comes from the factory, it only lets you sit about 3/4" lower. The trick is to send it back (or order it, with a "nose job"/ This seems to lower the seating position a total of about 1 and 1/2". However, mine is not broken in yet and I have been told it will drop about another 1/2" inch as it conforms to you.
A 'nose job' only lowers the seat when moved forward, no? Or does it affect where you plant your butt as well?

And as far as 'break in', I had a Corbin with my Suzuki for 3K miles, and I didn't even dent the damn thing (155 lbs here), and doubt I'd have in 10K more. So unless you're a linebacker, I wouldn't count on 1/2". I'd like a bit more reach in front (in case I ever need it), but no lower at all on my butt; otherwise my knees will start to protest on long rides. I can almost flatfoot on the stock seat (low). But one thing to mention is the stock seat IS cushy, which means a 1/2" shorter Corbin would have me at the same riding height; that's what I'm after. Thanks gang.

JC

If you really want a seat that is tailor made for you check out Bill Mayer Saddles. https://www.billmayersaddles.com/ They make the seat higher or lower and accommodate just about request you have. I can't say enough nice things about them and their service.
Since +1 is no longer a politically correct thing to say around here, I shall add my written endorsement of John Max's opinion. Rocky Mayer made a custom seat for me, at his place in Ojai. The stock seat suited me OK for around 200 miles at most. I've just got back from a 1800 mile trip, in a week, with no complaints about the seat.

The custom seat took about 1500 miles to break in. Before that, I was convinced that I'd wasted my money. I wanted to lower the bike significantly and the seat wasn't able to do that. I was given the choice of a comfortable long distance seat or a low seat. I chose the former.

Bill Mayer Saddles is a quality operation and comes highly recommended.

Jill