Corbin seat/backrest and Yamaha top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slade

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Yamaha top case will work with the Corbin passenger seat with the backrest installed?

My wife is very particular about her backrests (spoiled by my Valkyrie Interstate..no departed) and I'm really trying to find a good combination for her.

Would like to try and avoid the whole buy, try, sell, buy again circle.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Can anyone tell me if the Yamaha top case will work with the Corbin passenger seat with the backrest installed?
My wife is very particular about her backrests (spoiled by my Valkyrie Interstate..no departed) and I'm really trying to find a good combination for her.

Would like to try and avoid the whole buy, try, sell, buy again circle.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
A Corbin backrest cannot be used with the top case. When my wife comes along I just use the top case, it acts as a backrest.

I have the Yamaha trunk with the rear trunk backrest pad. My wife likes it fine, even compared to the Goldwing I had.

Corbin won't fit with trunk. I've got Yammie trunk with pad. My wife, who is petite, feels the pad pushes her forward. I've heard some suggest don't fit the pad until significant other trys w/o & if she has a padded jacket, that may be comfortable enough.

Too bad Corbin doesn't sell the trunk/pad combo like they do for the Concours - actually looks like a trunk made for a passenger in mind (just needs to be about 1/2 the size though because it looks hideous!!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for the info. I was hopeful it would work as I had a ST1100 with the Givi top case with the pad and she hated it. Was trying to avoid that issue with the Yami case. Just bought her a new jacket with padding so we'll give that a shot. Fingers are crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Corbin backrest position in the passenger seat dosen't impress me and will push your passenger into you too much. They should have found a way to set it back a couple of inches or so. I am considering cutting the backrest rod and making some changes. Would not buy the Corbin backrest again but perhaps some other and or a top case as you are considering.

DB

Thanks Don,

Appreciate the response. I'm gonna try the Yami top case, stock seat, her new jacket, and hope.

Question about top case. Will the top case cause me problems while riding, also will the wait cause me problems.

DAVEC said:
Question about top case. Will the top case cause me problems while riding, also will the weight cause me problems.

Had both of those on an 03 FJR I owned. Yamaha says you can't have both on the bike at the same time but you can. The backrest has enough variance front to back but with the trunk is more straight up than I think you would want for your wife and like the others have sadi in their posts the trunk has a backrest, but may not be as comfortable as the Corbin for the lower back.