Corbin seat baseplate question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rider47

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Corbin seat with no heat for my 2008 FJR-A. Underneath the seat on the baseplate there is an indentation the protudes upward towards the seat foam that is a few inches from the back of the seat on the left side. It measures about 2 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches and about 3/4 inch deep. Because of the indentation, there is obviously less padding above it on the left side of the seat than on the right side of the seat without the indentation. Also, there is a hole in the left sideplate of the base that appears to be for the heater switch that is covered with Corbin's side cover vinyl. My question is, are all of the non heated baseplates the same as mine which appears to be the same as the ones used for the heated models? I searched this and couldn't find anything on this issue. Thanks for any replies on this.

Corbin does say that the same baseplate is used for the heated and non- heated seats. For anyone who has a 2006-2009 non-heated or heated Corbin front seat, while sitting on the seat for an extended time, do you notice the the thinner layer of foam over the area on top of the indentation for the heater switch and wiring (left side of seat about 3 to 4 inches from the back of the seat)? If you press on the seat foam with your fingers you can feel the indented baseplate under the foam at that point on the seat. Is that area noticeably less comfortable than the rest of the seat? I appreciate your replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
just checked my corbin on my 08 and it does have the seat pan with the indentation off to the edge on both the riders and passengers. that spot does not have as much cushion. I hadn't noticed it when riding before (but I have a skinny butt) Will probably notice it now that I am aware of it.

Thanks Robert for checking your seat. I looked at other seats on Corbin's website and it appears that other seats for other brands of bikes that have the heating option are built with that same indentation which probably results in less padding over it than the rest of the seating area. Hopefully, rider weight is distributed enough so that it just blends in and isn't noticeable.