Corbin Seat Hard

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an '04 with a one piece Corbin seat. I just finished a 3100 mile trip over a period of 9 days and found the seat to be uncomfortably hard. Can anyone comment on the stock seat verses the Corbin for long ride comfort.
neither hold a candle to the Russell IMO. bide your time and there's usually a Russell Group Buy kicked off around the holidays (off season). keep an ear open beginning around October.

I have an '04 with a one piece Corbin seat. I just finished a 3100 mile trip over a period of 9 days and found the seat to be uncomfortably hard. Can anyone comment on the stock seat verses the Corbin for long ride comfort.
I've had Corbin's on my last 5 bikes,,, And Yes they are harder than chinese arithmetic ,,,

But for a long ride they are MUCH better than any stock seat I've been on...

A few years ago I went from OH. to AZ. and back ,,, averaged 500 + miles a day while traveling...

In all fairness I haven't tried some of the other "custom" seats ,, like Russell ,, Myer ,, Sargent , etc..

They may be as good or better,,, But I like my Corbin's ..

Just my $0.02 ,,,,,,,,,,,,

I've had Corbin's on my last 5 bikes,,, And Yes they are harder than chinese arithmetic ,,,But for a long ride they are MUCH better than any stock seat I've been on...

A few years ago I went from OH. to AZ. and back ,,, averaged 500 + miles a day while traveling...

In all fairness I haven't tried some of the other "custom" seats ,, like Russell ,, Myer ,, Sargent , etc..

They may be as good or better,,, But I like my Corbin's ..

Just my $0.02 ,,,,,,,,,,,,
+1

I've just put Corbins on my FJR. Have them on two other bikes that I own too. They work good for me....

I just rode 3820 miles on a sargent seat, It will be up for sale in the next few days.....(unless i use it for a BMS pan)

R

Corbin on my 06 and like it a hell of lot more than the stock seat. Just did 2100 mile trip and never got ass burn like stock seat would give me. Probably go with Corbin on next bike I get.

Sure, bust a newb for mis-posting on his first one! That's OK, he's gotten 26 replies so far! More than the average, I'd say!

And besides, forget about toptrunk. . . I'm dubbing you TT for short! Hint: pronounce both letters as quickly as you can and you've got one hell of a handle! B)

Greetings from Westminster, neighbor. . . my gel seat is certainly more comfortable than stock, but I don't have any experience with the Corbin, yet ;) . I'm as interested in it for the lower profile as I am the comfort since I'm a shorter rider, 5'7".

I did a 16,000-odd km trip last summer (which included four 1000 mile days) on the stocker, augmented with an Airhawk. Over the winter I put a Corbin on, and did Calgary to San Diego. I like the Corbin.
Folks seem to either like 'em or hate 'em. They are HARD. They need to be broken in, like a horse saddle. The first few rides I was thinking I'd made a mistake, but now that I've put about 8000 km (5000 miles) on it I like it a lot.

For true LD comfort, it seems the Russell and/or Meyer seats are favoured. Lots and lots of threads on here refer.

Griff
How was the Airhawk? I am thinkng of trying one for long rides. My Corbin is fine for a 10 hour day but after a few days, I get sore.

i have had corbins on three bikes. one i purchased and two already were on when i purchased. i thought all of them were to hard and have never liked them. have the stock seat on my fjr and don't like it either. had a russel on my bmw and really liked that and will get another when i have the money. right now too busy making steering sockets.

Massrider is right.

Corbin seat hard (bad hard)

Stock seat soft (bad soft)

Russell Daylong seat is just right!

I did a 16,000-odd km trip last summer (which included four 1000 mile days) on the stocker, augmented with an Airhawk. Over the winter I put a Corbin on, and did Calgary to San Diego. I like the Corbin.
Folks seem to either like 'em or hate 'em. They are HARD. They need to be broken in, like a horse saddle. The first few rides I was thinking I'd made a mistake, but now that I've put about 8000 km (5000 miles) on it I like it a lot.

For true LD comfort, it seems the Russell and/or Meyer seats are favoured. Lots and lots of threads on here refer.

Griff
How was the Airhawk? I am thinkng of trying one for long rides. My Corbin is fine for a 10 hour day but after a few days, I get sore.
I have a Sargeant with Airhawk on top

Love it and had the Airpad on all my bikes

won't leave home without it

Yes it's hard, I got a car seat pad from Walmart that isn't too huge and put this on over it sometimes. The stock seat gave me wedgies all the time and it was hot.