Corbin Seat Question. . .

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beacher

Reaction score
Just bought a Corbin seat (generation II) from one of the other members, and it's beautiful. Got it home, and went to mount it, but found that in order to get it on, that I had to remove the plastic. . . ummm. . . Don't even know what to call it, but it's kind of a rectangular box (support unti?), that the stock seat rested on. When you pull the stock seat, it's under the rider, and has a black & white "load limit" sticker and an orange & white "warning" sticker. Once I did this, it fit right on, but looking at Corbin's web site, and having performed a search on our own forum (7 pages of posts, before I gave up!), I couldn't find anything about this. So, did I do good, or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true, you have to remove the seat height adjuster thing to install a Corbin. You'll find Corbin mostly recommends the lowest position possible, probably due to the extra width might be preventing you from getting your feet on the ground (true on other taller bikes).

Thanks, guys; you set my mind at ease. I sat on it after I put it on, and it drops me down so that I can almost stand flat footed, which is what I was hoping for!

Thanks, guys; you set my mind at ease. I sat on it after I put it on, and it drops me down so that I can almost stand flat footed, which is what I was hoping for!

I put my Corbin on just before my 650 mi mt trip last weekend. I did not notice any real problem dropping it in--just really tight. I did not consciously think of butt pain for the first time since buying this bike! This is the best investment I have made in ages (i.e. just bought property in Fl sight unseen...)

Just got a Corbin seat custom made for my 06 FJR at the factory. Turns out the seat Corbin uses is actually a Honda Gold Wing seat base for the FJR. Which is one reason you have to remove the plastic frame. I am currently on a month long ride. More than 5500km so far on the seat! Can't beat a custom made seat while you wait for under $300.

Ive had my Corbin for 25k miles. Only thing I don't like about it is that it makes me slide forward onto the tank and my "buddies" get all in a bunch. On long hauls, I stand up on the pegs every now and then to get everything back to where their suppose to be. :lol:

I've had 2 Corbins and just ordered one for my 09 , thanks for the info.