Corbin Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temp357

Reaction score
Heard back from the folks at Corbin that they should have their 2006 seats in production in three weeks. Anyone want to try for a group buy?

Can't help it, i'm a cheap bastard :D

I think I might be up for this one. I'm headed out on a long 1500+ mile trip this weekend, will know better when I get back, but I'm leaning towards it.....

For a good price I may be interested. I would probably only want one the just replaces the front section and matches the seat pattern of the stock seat.

I was asking them about the 2006 since they already have the 2005 up on their site. Let me see what they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shush Mike, what she doesn't know won't hurt me. :D As for my wallet, to late. The cinders of that fell through the grill and into the coals looooong ago... :p

For the past 3 years there has been a Russell group buy organized during the "off season". Keep your ears open for the next time 'round.

Yes I,m interested. I have had two Corbins on different bikes both worked very well for me. I,m also interested in the smugler for the rear. bete.

I know every butt is different ... I've yet to ride a Corbin that didn't give me monkey butt after 2 hours. I know a few folks who get to like em after 20k or better, but I know waaay more who can't stand em.

Not trying to start anything with the few Corbin lovers out there ... just possibly help those who may never have had the "pleasure" of riding a Corbin. Worse than stock, IMHO. of course, they do fit some folks well enough ... just not very many.

I put Sargent marginally ahead of Stock (I've owned two of em).

Hold out for a Russell, or a Bill Mayer, or one of his boys seats.

Better yet, buy some dry polymer inserts and mod your own. Easy & cheap.

maybe you guys should open up a russel or bill mayer thread or a we hate coribn thread and quit hijacking this one ;)

To each their own I guess. Between the '03 and '04, I've put over 40,000 miles on the Corbin currently residing on the '04. I've done several over 1,000 miles days on it, and a whole bunch of 700+ days. That doesn't mean shit for how it would work for anyone else, but it has worked well for me. I guess if everyone was the same, there would only need to be one seat supplier. I've also found that proper underclothing goes a long way towards alleviating monkey butt on most seats.

Shush Mike, what she doesn't know won't hurt me. :D As for my wallet, to late. The cinders of that fell through the grill and into the coals looooong ago... :p
I'm gonna tell Jenny! I'm gonna tell Jenny! :lol: You know she deserves "The Best", so buy the Russell. Besides, they're much closer to you...a nice overnighter to have the seat built. C'mon, you seserve it and she does, too.

Corbin's 2006 split saddles and smuggler has been released. I'm down for a group buy. I'm considering the heated seats and a smuggler...........ouch, they want $1600 for the 3.