Corbin Smuggler mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semongtaulie

Reaction score
I wanted to post up a little mod I did to a Corbin Smuggler just in case anyone was looking for information. I know several people helped me out when I was looking for advice concerning fitment of this mod.

Anyway here goes. First I bought an SAE roof connector for $5.00 from this place: https://www.solarseller.com/low_voltage_dc_pumps__lvm__teel__accessories__plugs_and_extensions.htm

Then I took a deep breath and drilled five holes in the back of my Smuggler and installed the roof connector (one hole for the wires and four for mounting bolts). I mounted it at the back of the Smuggler because I attached the SAE pigtail to a FZ1 Fuzeblock.

SNV16688.jpg

SNV16684.jpg

Then I routed the wires around the inside of the Smuggler and connected them to a 3 port cigarette lighter/USB "hub" that I found at Wal-Mart for $10.00 that looks like this:

SNV16689.jpg

The nice thing about this particular hub is that it has a nice little blue LED that lights up the interior of the Smuggler nicely at night:

SNV16685.jpg

I fabbed up a little bracket for the hub and used one of the hinge mounting holes as an attachment point. I also put velcro on the back of wire holder tabs and used them to keep the wire hidden along the top inner lip of the Smuggler.

I needed to drill an additional hole in the bottom of the Smuggler to run some comm wire from the Zumo and V1 into the SENA SR10.

I need to tidy up the connection a bit but I was pretty happy with the mod, especially since it cost under $20.00. Everything seems to work well and it gives me a place to charge the phone, SR10,etc. I have gained so much knowledge from this forum and it is time to start contributing.