Corbin Smuggler Rain Proof--NOT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey now Groo, you've already Conquered CO-8. No need to go taking on rivers on the FJR now :lol:
Come to think of it, there were some snow melt streams I had to cross along the way on CR-8.... :rolleyes:

Sounds like from some of the previous posts that Corbin may be acknowledging the weathertightness issues of their design... maybe bringing the situation to their and our attention may result in an improved product... good for us. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to get a Smuggler; 'cuz that makes me think of 'bone smuggler'; and that makes me thing of transvestites; and that makes me go 'yecch'.....

I'm not going to get a Smuggler; 'cuz that makes me think of 'bone smuggler'; and that makes me thing of transvestites; and that makes me go 'yecch'.....
Funny you put it that way.

I think of "balloon smuggler"; and that makes me think of a hometown girl; and that makes me go "yummmm".....

kara-monaco.jpg

RadioHowie: quote The problems I've read/heard about, while completely anecdotal, are more about negative results with customer service after products are purchased, not so much with the products themselves. Shit happens and exhaust systems don't fit right, or rust prematurely, or Smugglers don't keep out rain, or whatever, but if the company that builds/markets/sells the products is a PITA to deal with, the the product reputation suffers, sometimes unfairly.

I still don't think $700 is a guarantee to keep rain out and is an unfair yardstick to measure the product by. Think about it...$13,000 for a sidestand that folds up or a throttle that's clunky blows chunks too. :)quote

As stated in my view and I really don't see the worth of the $700 mini trunk Corbin sells. And come on, $700 for a trunk that leaks....give me a break. This is not acceptable. Corbin has for too long made inferior products at an elevated price. Their customer service is really questionable. If this company has so many problems with their backing up their product, I would never buy from them in the first place. Making sense? Shoot, for $700 dollars, that money would be better spent on an OE trunk, Givi box, or a Pelican case with unquestionable quality. Ya I will deal with a sidestand that might fold up and a throttle that some say is clunky, but it just doesn't stack up against what Corbin is putting out there. That blows chunks! PM. <>< :bad:

Last edited by a moderator:
RadioHowie: quote The problems I've read/heard about, while completely anecdotal, are more about negative results with customer service after products are purchased, not so much with the products themselves. Shit happens and exhaust systems don't fit right, or rust prematurely, or Smugglers don't keep out rain, or whatever, but if the company that builds/markets/sells the products is a PITA to deal with, the the product reputation suffers, sometimes unfairly.
I still don't think $700 is a guarantee to keep rain out and is an unfair yardstick to measure the product by. Think about it...$13,000 for a sidestand that folds up or a throttle that's clunky blows chunks too. :)quote

As stated in my view and I really don't see the worth of the $700 mini trunk Corbin sells. And come on, $700 for a trunk that leaks....give me a break. This is not acceptable. Corbin has for too long made inferior products at an elevated price. Their customer service is really questionable. If this company has so many problems with their backing up their product, I would never buy from them in the first place. Making sense? Shoot, for $700 dollars, that money would be better spent on an OE trunk, Givi box, or a Pelican case with unquestionable quality. Ya I will deal with a sidestand that might fold up and a throttle that some say is clunky, but it just doesn't stack up against what Corbin is putting out there. That blows chunks! PM. <>< :bad:
While I am not going to make excuses for Corbin (they do that well enough on their own), they do make a good product. I have a Corbin seat + Smuggler on my bike and it has been water tight so far. I use it to store the quick things like camera, phone, etc.

Any how, to each their own.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Shane

Where does Corbin claim the Smuggler is waterproof?

Sure seal weather stripping around the doors keeps out the elements.
Nice examples of bullshit "marketspeak", but no claim to be "waterproof".

Sounds like those with dry and tight Smugglers are just plain lucky.

It is implied by "elements" that it is waterproof. Unless rain water is not included as an "element."

Mike

There seems to be a little confusion over the two words used to describe Corbins Smuggler.

There is a difference between rain tight and water proof.

Rain tight keeps the from entering

Water proof keeps the most of the water out but water can enter and contents are subject to getting wet.

If you have an issue with the Smuggler and can not get it resolved for a while, why not do a temporary fix and have a rain fly made to keep the water out like what is used on your tank bags.

It is all in the termonology from the company.

:D weekend rider :D

I had a question for you guys w/ the Corbin seat/smuggler set up. Are you guys able to ride for hours on end and have your rear feel better than on the stock seat? If so,can you tell me about it.