Corbin Smuggler Trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to have one but I won't buy a new one.

I've seen the build quality on both the FJR and the ST and it's clearly the name that raises the price. Sad too.

You can waterproof your Smug buy applying plastic wrap in the bottom edge and squirt clear sealant/weatherstrip to the top edge of the door. Close it and once dry, trim the sealant, shape up and remove the wrap.

I bought one on here (won't say how much) :p but was disappointed to find it will not fit the bike with a Give rack installed, it will only go with the OEM rack :angry2: so I sold it on and recovered my costs (well almost) :rolleyes:

Don

Bought one here used in the fantastic black cherry color, and love it. As far as the price, you ever see a luggage rack on a hearse? You can't take it with ya!

I think it's Gorgeous but, it's too steep a price for something I won't be using much. Back seat is occupied most times by something or an other! :angry2:

I think it's Gorgeous but, it's too steep a price for something I won't be using much. Back seat is occupied most times by something or an other! :angry2:
fat_chick_on_motorcycle.jpg

I fully agree with you RadioHowie, our majicmaker does have a fine taste in women!

If Corbin Smuggler Trunk was $500 I'd have one in a jiffy, $800 is too much for me!

https://classiccruise...rage-Pod-Black-

Here's what I have,can carry two bottles of water,snacks,extra t-shirt,gloves etc,.

Pull the separate storage piece out and good for a weekend of clothes.

Down sides are not lockable and not hard case.

I don't leave anything of value in it. :)
I've been thinking of getting one. Would you mind posting a photo of it on your bike?

Yeah!! I've had one or two of those in the back seat! What of it?!?! Even Chubby Girls deserve to have a Good Time once in a while!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!! I've had one or two of those in the back seat! What of it?!?! Even Chubby Girls deserve to have a Good Time once in a while!! :lol:
calling her "chubby" is like calling the Qween Mary II a big boat....

i just threw up a little in my mouth

Hey majicmaker, do you happen to be a fellow Irishman by any chance? They are only too fat if they sit on your face and you can no longer hear the stereo!

Hey majicmaker, do you happen to be a fellow Irishman by any chance? They are only too fat if they sit on your face and you can no longer hear the stereo!
So THAT'S the yardstick! Thanks, Don!

Nope! Don't think there's any Irish Blood in the Family except maybe for the Drinking!!. But, When I can't hear the Stereo anymore, I just concentrate on what just made the noise go away!

As long as I can still Breath, I'm OK with that! :D

Nope! Don't think there's any Irish Blood in the Family except maybe for the Drinking!!. But, When I can't hear the Stereo anymore, I just concentrate on what just made the noise go away!

Hell, you oughta be able to breathe through that hole in your ass from the yule log you got shoved in there! :p :p :p

Hell, you oughta be able to breathe through that hole in your ass from the yule log you got shoved in there! :p :p :p
You know our RadioHowie is right on that count, majicmaker! And you are most definitely and obviously not Irish, since we Paddies can breathe through our ears when we are eating out at the Y!

You know our RadioHowie is right on that count, majicmaker! And you are most definitely and obviously not Irish, since we Paddies can breathe through our ears when we are eating out at the Y!
Back when I was in the Navy, The Aircraft Carrier I was on regularly pulled into Perth, in Western Australia, I hung out with a girl there who took me out to the Reef and taught me how to hold my breath and dive deep! It's Amazing what you can do on a full set of lugs! And occasionally we'd jump in the water too! :)

It would be nice to have a small storage area on the bike. But $799 is a lot of money for an accessory. Anybody got one? Know of anybody who has one?

Opinions?
I have had a Corbin Smuggler and seat on my '06 just a month after I bought her. I paid $699.00 for mine, but that was in

2007. I have never had a problem with mine and the build quality was perfect. Holds over 12 liters of stuff, comes off in

seconds, and nothing looks better than a naked (sans system cases) FJR with a Smuggler in place of the passenger seat. It

truely gives the bike a custom look, and eliminates the need for system cases when on a long day ride. By the way, I also

have a 2010 VFR1200F and I bought a custom seat/trunk combination on it and it's absolutly fantastic! :yahoo:

Gary Green

I bought a used one a few months ago and had Gary paint it to match the 06 blue. I probably paid a little too much but it was in good condition. The new ones are too pricey for me but the way I look at it is price minus what I'll resell it for later. To me it will probably work out to $50 to $75 a year between what I paid for it and what I'll sell it for. The storage is well worth it to me at that price.

Before the smuggler I had a Bags Connection Daypack II. While not as "sexy" as the smuggler,IMHO :rolleyes: , the storage was sufficient and very handy right there in front of you. Very easy to remove and you can power it easily.