Cosmopolitan Motors Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the Shad 46 this past spring from the same place in PA. I got it fast and at a great price, these are great people to deal with. About the speed and stability question, I do notice it's on back when I'm running 55 to 70 mph and it's more windy out than normal. As for being a stable ride, you know it's there, but it's not a big deal, the Shad case is not as bad as the Yammie case is when running down the road at speed for sure.

Keys, the spare Yammie key cylinder doesn't fit the Shad box, but again it's not big deal because the Shad key is fairly small and has a red cover over the end of it so you know exactly what key fits in the Shad lock.

Personally I think the design gives the FJR a good look, the price was as good as I could find, and the quality is as good if not better than the stock Yammie box.

Install, I Loved the fact the Shad case came with it's mounting plate, this wasn't a seperate extra cost item. I mounted mine directly to the Premier Sport Touring Rack, no drilling at all, just used the screws and small brackest supplied with the Shad case. Very easy install this way.

Be Safe,

clutchless1

***update***

I have been corresponding with Larry (Cosmo President), and he has been most helpful.

Larry has sourced for me a Shad50 (direct from the Spanish factory in Barcelona). This is for the same price as the Shad48. Unfortunately, the shipping costs are exorbitant ($US500). He did offer to reduce that somewhat, but it still meant that I was spending more money on shipping/air freight than the box was/is worth.

I have asked Larry if he has any 48lt boxes in stock, as the extra 2lt storage space is not a deal clincher for me. The best news of all is that my brother-in-law (who lives 1.5 hrs north of Cosmopolitan Motors), has offered to have the box picked up from Larry, sent to his company in New York City, where it will be sent direct to my home here in Perth. No cost.

I am ecstatic. :yahoo: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :hyper: :good:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got off the phone with Mike at Cosmopolitan - he just hooked me up with a SHAD 46, Backrest, Light kit, and rack for $306 shipped! Holy Shizit! Mike is a great guy and seems to know exatly whats going on with the FJR and mounting options.

I'm going to really be in deep now - that will be 3 days in a row the UPS man has been to my house - looks like I better finish painting the kitchen.

Had to do it. Just ordered a SH32 from Cosmo. Mike said it comes with some sort of leather cover on the top. It will be very interesting to see what it looks like. $160 shipped to my door including the adapter mounting plate for 05 FJR and case. And he threw in a backrest! Just have to figure out how to mount the backrest. (he said the SH32 didn't come with one)

For anyone interested:

he has 2 pallets of SH25's

I believe he said 2 more SH32's in stock

SH29,37,39's on order; 100 of each, most likely coming in Sept (said he has like 60 people/dealers waiting to order)

SH42 out of stock

SH46's in stock (don't remember how many)

well here's some pics of the SH32 with leather top, would have rather had it been color matched, but for $160, It'll do! :yahoo:

P7160001.jpg

P7160003.jpg

P7160005.jpg

P7160004.jpg

I ordered it on Thursday, it was at my house when I got home.

Yeah, I know, bike's dirty, would rather ride than clean!

Had to do it. Just ordered a SH32 from Cosmo. Mike said it comes with some sort of leather cover on the top. It will be very interesting to see what it looks like. $160 shipped to my door including the adapter mounting plate for 05 FJR and case. And he threw in a backrest! Just have to figure out how to mount the backrest. (he said the SH32 didn't come with one)
For anyone interested:

he has 2 pallets of SH25's

I believe he said 2 more SH32's in stock

SH29,37,39's on order; 100 of each, most likely coming in Sept (said he has like 60 people/dealers waiting to order)

SH42 out of stock

SH46's in stock (don't remember how many)
I shot them an email the other day and got a phone call back today. If I recall the message correctly, it's not that they're not carrying Shad anymore so much as it is that they're making room for the new line. We'll see, but I'll be giving 'em a call and getting a 46 in all likelihood.

Bob

Just Thought I pass it along... Cosmopolitan Motor will stop carrying Shad luggage. I jut called and ordered a Shad 48 with all the gak (back rest, brake light, mounting kit) the price with shipping was less than the listed topbox price alone. The dude said that its a great product line but too hard to get out of Spain. Once his current inventory is sold there will be no more... and he's getting rid of it a killer prices...
Keone
Strange...talked to the guy today and he said he was getting a whole boat load of new Shad boxes in and the prices woud be going up. I didn't get a box 'cause I didn't like his attitude (you can see my wtb top box add for the details) or the fact I felt like he was lying and making crap up as he went...got into an argument with me over the price that another forum member had paid for his set up and essentially said I was lying about it.

what i was told from mike was they are indeed keeping the shad line but they are going move the business to another location, so they are trying selling off as much inventory as possible before the move..the prices he quoted me were right at 30% off of list price...

I wish Larry would respond to my email....I hear nothing. :unsure:
I wasn't impressed with their customer service skills either but judging from the posts here we are the only two that had issues!
OK...I have sent a "final demand" email to Larry (el presidente) Mike and anyone else who has the time to read emails at Cosmopolitan Motors.

I work in the Hospitality Industry, and I would be canned for behaviour that has been shown from this lot. Hopefully it was just a bad day.

***waiting..............waiting............waiting***

Does anyone have an '05 with the SH46 on it with blue top plate?

Trying to figure out if the color matches or if I should go with

black.

Like to be color coordinated you know.

Thanks

I wasn't impressed with their customer service skills either but judging from the posts here we are the only two that had issues!
OK...I have sent a "final demand" email to Larry (el presidente) Mike and anyone else who has the time to read emails at Cosmopolitan Motors.

I work in the Hospitality Industry, and I would be canned for behaviour that has been shown from this lot. Hopefully it was just a bad day.

***waiting..............waiting............waiting***
bunch of wankers...no response=no business. I have moved on.

WWW.adventuremoto.com has SHADS in stock. I just ordered a SH46 but for those who are interested, they will soon be selling the SHAD 50 which comes with color of your choice and back rest.

Herkypilot

No, make it three. Practically had to beg to get a call back and paid more than another member here but it was still cheaper than the Givi, so I just sucked it up.

But yeah, I won't feel compelled to do business with Cosmo again.

Rancho

Yep, Cosmo is moving. If you had ever seen the buiding they are in you would know why :eek:

If any member needs someone to pay a physical visit to them let me know. I am about 15 minutes from their front door.

WWW.adventuremoto.com has SHADS in stock. I just ordered a SH46 but for those who are interested, they will soon be selling the SHAD 50 which comes with color of your choice and back rest.
Herkypilot

I ordered mine through adventuremoto & it was shipped directly to me from cosmo?

100_1869.jpg

:eek:fftopic: Holy cow Tom, look at that flat spot on the rear tire. You need to go to the mountains more often.

:eek:fftopic: Holy cow Tom, look at that flat spot on the rear tire. You need to go to the mountains more often.
Forget that, look at the crime-scene chalk outline beside the bike. Thank goodness they moved the body before they took the picture.