Costco Members - Garmin 2730 on sale - $499.99

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Reaction score
I've been looking at these for a few weeks. This model has been discontinued, however, Garmin will continue to support it, per their website. This is a helluva deal. I haven't been able to find one for less than $625 + S&H + tax.

If you aren't a Costco member, even when you tack on the few $ for a new membership, this is still a deal.

Price does not include shipping or tax (where applicable). To get it to my door in PA, it's $542.19.

Click here for details

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information Randy.

FWIW, I took a look and the offer is for web orders only. I'm tempted.

Thanks for the info - I've been tempted. the price is right.

Ride Safe,

Diane

It's on the way! Anyone looking for a 1 yr old Garmin Quest 2 with a motorcycle mount kit all set up to be installed on Techmount stem stand and wired into a Blue Seas box?

Wow! That is a great deal. Almost makes me wonder if I NEED a spare. Just in case.

Have fun with your new toy Randy. I love mine.

O.K., I think I've resisted this deal to the point I can revisit the topic without relapse. With the recent addition of an MP3 player, I couldn't justify spending another 500 so I could have another monthly bill for XM service. It's a smokin' deal though. Costco must be giving them away at their cost to get rid of 'em.

Today, while browsing those hallowed racks and aisles, I picked up a set of 100W KC Daylighters for $86.00 Schwing!

Looking to put them on the Land Cruiser and, if they'll take it, maybe adding HID bulbs to them. Haven't opened the box to see how they're built yet, but they may be going back if I don't fall for 'em.

O.K., I think I've resisted this deal to the point I can revisit the topic without relapse. With the recent addition of an MP3 player, I couldn't justify spending another 500 so I could have another monthly bill for XM service. It's a smokin' deal though. Costco must be giving them away at their cost to get rid of 'em.
Today, while browsing those hallowed racks and aisles, I picked up a set of 100W KC Daylighters for $86.00 Schwing!

Looking to put them on the Land Cruiser and, if they'll take it, maybe adding HID bulbs to them. Haven't opened the box to see how they're built yet, but they may be going back if I don't fall for 'em.
Rick at autonav2000 said that Garmin offered a boat load at keeler prices as a 'group buy' kinda thing. Seems only the Big Box Boiz took the offer and appears that Costco is passing on the savings. The deal he was trying to set up was for the 2720 at 440 bucks, IIRC. I thought you were trying to unload the Land Guzzler? :dntknw:

I ordered a 2720 from buy.com for $435.00 including shipping. You have you use a $15 instant coupon and a $50 mail-in rebate. I knew these older models would be selling pretty cheap at some point.

I thought you were trying to unload the Land Guzzler? :dntknw:
Only until we bought the Hybrid, the FJ Cruiser purchase went bye-bye, and the Land Crusher was spared a trip to the chopping block. I gotta have something to tow with and go off-road occasionally, for those times I need to go up on the mountain and get myself focused. :blink: :drag:

I ordered mine today to replace my 2610. I'm concerned about the internal hard drive versus the flash card, but I haven't heard complaints from other members on this.

Any out there?

I ordered mine today to replace my 2610. I'm concerned about the internal hard drive versus the flash card, but I haven't heard complaints from other members on this.
Any out there?
The 2720 and 2730 both have flash memory. People have had hard drive failures with GPSs that have hard drives.

I ordered a 2720 from buy.com for $435.00 including shipping. You have you use a $15 instant coupon and a $50 mail-in rebate. I knew these older models would be selling pretty cheap at some point.
Isn't the 2720 just a 2730 without the XM capabilities?

Isn't the 2720 just a 2730 without the XM capabilities?
The 2730 has XM and MP3 and the 2720 has neither.

Other than that they are the same thing.

Just came yesterday, looks and runs scweeet. They simplified and dumbed down the user interface, but overall it's great. Can't wait for the warm weather to use it on the bike.

dgfella

It's on the way! Anyone looking for a 1 yr old Garmin Quest 2 with a motorcycle mount kit all set up to be installed on Techmount stem stand and wired into a Blue Seas box?
Depends. How much?? I don't need the mount or the Blue Seas wiring. I don't use that box.

Depends. How much?? I don't need the mount or the Blue Seas wiring. I don't use that box.
message sent

Just came yesterday, looks and runs scweeet. They simplified and dumbed down the user interface, but overall it's great. Can't wait for the warm weather to use it on the bike.
dgfella
Also got mine last week. Very happy with it. Been messing around with it in the cage for a few days and got the additional XM subscription set up.

Does anyone know why you wouldn't want WAAS/EGNOS turned on all the time?