Costco Members - Garmin 2730 on sale - $499.99

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've read, the 2730 is not weatherproof. What's the drill when the rain starts up?
No problems here. Rain starts up and I don't do anything different. Lots of people seem to have problems with the screen fogging, but I haven't really experienced that problem. (Just once). Even then, after a few hours screen de-fogs and everything is back to normal.

What I don't get is if the unit is discontinued and it is readily available across the internet for sub $550.00 prices, how can dealers like CYCLEGADGETS still be marketing these things at $849.00?? It makes me wonder about pricing on the rest of their products. :glare:

What I don't get is if the unit is discontinued and it is readily available across the internet for sub $550.00 prices, how can dealers like CYCLEGADGETS still be marketing these things at $849.00?? It makes me wonder about pricing on the rest of their products. :glare:
Most likely, Costco bought a truckload at a much lower price than what Cyclegadgets bought theirs for. It wasn't that long ago (less than 2 months?) that I talked to Rick at Autonav2000 and I think dealer cost on the 2730 was somewhere north of $650.

What's the preferred mount for a 2730? The Touratech locking mount looks like a good, if not inexpensive choice.

What's the preferred mount for a 2730? The Touratech locking mount looks like a good, if not inexpensive choice.
Inexpensive???? $180 plus the $70 for the stemstand from Techmount

I'm going with the standard Garmin Motorcycle Mount kit to go on the Techmount stemstand.

Additionally, if you want a nice mount for the hocky puck, I mean, antenna, then lookie here
I think he said NOT inexpensive. And I agree. Very pricey solution. I plan on using the Garmin motorcycle mount kit, which I found for under $40 including shipping at several places on the web. The kit includes the hardwire power cable with headphone jack. I'm going to attach it to the ECM shelf that I already have for my radar detector.

Last edited by a moderator: