Covers for upper frame mounting points for side cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmack

"Old, Slow, but Lucky"
Reaction score
After successfully (with encouragement from the forum) removing my side cases for the first time on my used '06, I am wondering about buying the four close-out covers to finish off the holes in the upper side fairings for those times I want to run with the side cases removed.

I've used the official Yamaha parts site, and finally found the diagram and parts list for the side luggage/cases. Included there is a description only ("Part not shown") for items listed as "Cap, Rear Fender" with two different part numbers: 5JW2163E00P1, and 5JW2163F10P1. Only the major parts are shown on the diagram - the "Caps", along with other parts are not shown. The quantity needed shows only 2 each, which seems strange, as there are 4 holes to be filled!

Does anyone know which P/N I need to order to fill the 4 holes?

Was hoping the very useful "Bin-O-Facts" could answer my question, but no joy. Same result when trying multiple times with Google search of the forum...

As before, your help is appreciated! ;)

Don

That would be both part numbers, because the front pair & rear pair are ever so slightly different. The 2007 microfiche does show the caps, and the only part number difference is they start "3P6" instead of "5JW" which I assume is color/year.

Just went out to the parking lot and looked, the underside of the caps are marked "F" & "R" for front and rear. I thought so, but couldn't remember for sure. This on my '07, which should be the same as an '06 except for color.

Just went out to the parking lot and looked, the underside of the caps are marked "F" & "R" for front and rear. I thought so, but couldn't remember for sure. This on my '07, which should be the same as an '06 except for color.
You, Sir, are a gentleman and scholar! Thanks for taking time to go look on your bike.

I would have never thought to look at the parts diagram for another year model. Thanks for pointing that out. Once again, this forum continues to amaze and delight me. :clapping:

Don

There are actually 6 holes that require the caps. If you just want to cover the top 4 holes make sure you have the right part numbers :)