crash!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow2lrn

Reaction score
Hi everone, I[m recupperating from a crash on my fjr on 043007. I have 6 broken ribs and a broken collerbone in 2 places. I had surgery on 051007 to repair the collerbone, plates and screws and will be down for a while I guess. My bike is being repaired and will be ready before I am but I can't wait! I was riding on hwy 61 close to Big Ridge State park going into a left hand curve already into my lean whrn I spotted 3 softball size rocks in the road, I tried steering aroud them but didn't quite make it. The fjr is a great bike and handles well, I guess I failed as a rider! Just wanted to tell my story and thanks for listening.

Bill

Bummer. Heal up quick. You lived to tell about it. Now you have time to figure out how to avoid this in the future.
+1

get well soon

thread highjack-

Thug, your new pic reminds me of that gay actor who played Robin Williams wife in "The Birdcage" and also does the voice for Marge Simpson.

highjack over

Bummer. Heal up quick. You lived to tell about it. Now you have time to figure out how to avoid this in the future.
+1

get well soon

thread highjack-

Thug, your new pic reminds me of that gay actor who played Robin Williams wife in "The Birdcage" and also does the voice for Marge Simpson.

highjack over
Kevin,

You're thinking of Hank Azzara (spelling) who plays their houseboy, not Robin's "husband" as it were, who is the voice talent for the Simpsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your gettoff, every time we get on our bikes something like that is subject to happen to any one of us.

Hope you heal quickly,and for everyone else,be careful out there folks.

Get well soon! Also, a chance to pad your post count while you're down. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Did you hit your head? How did whatever other gear you were wearing hold up?

ABS? It seems like a lot of the bikes that have gone down lately have been non-ABS.

Hi everone, I[m recupperating from a crash on my fjr on 043007. I have 6 broken ribs and a broken collerbone in 2 places. I had surgery on 051007 to repair the collerbone, plates and screws and will be down for a while I guess. My bike is being repaired and will be ready before I am but I can't wait! I was riding on hwy 61 close to Big Ridge State park going into a left hand curve already into my lean whrn I spotted 3 softball size rocks in the road, I tried steering aroud them but didn't quite make it. The fjr is a great bike and handles well, I guess I failed as a rider! Just wanted to tell my story and thanks for listening.

Bill
:blink: Sorry to hear about your get-off, but glad to hear your going to be OK after a recovery period.

Hope your back in the saddle soon enjoying the roads and life on the FJR.

I had a Marsee full flow jacket on and it done its job..no road rash at all. The hjc classic full face helmet was skinned up but took care of my head, the alpine star boots were scuffed up but no dammage to the feet. I had on reguler jeans and wish i had on protection for my hips because in addition to the injuries i stated before i also have a badly bruised hip... inother words i hurt everywhere a lttle i guess.

Bill

Glad you were no hurt worse, was it the panic braking that sent you down or the actual rock?

I guess it was the braking i avoided the rocks, but lost it when i hit the brakes. I have 2004 fjr non/abs

Welcome to the club. One suggestion: DO NOT SNEEZE! Ouch. I guess I'm lucky to be recouping from just two busted ribs. Get well soon!

I often wonder if ABS will save your hide in that situation. Don't beat yourself up anymore than you already are. That was a triple road hazard that many great riders may not have been able to avoid. One softball, maybe ok, but three? Get well soon and climb right back on.