Cruise Control in Nashville

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fz1don

Reaction score
If there is anybody living in the Nashville area that has installed the Audiovox cruise on a gen one FJR and they have nothing to do this weekend, I will be installing mine, and any help / pointers will be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I can come up with a cold adult beverage or two.

I'm over in Memphis and have installed a audiovox on a VTX and installed a Rostra electronic cruise on my FJR. I'm sorry I can't just hop over and help but I'll help all I can from here. good luck with it...

If there is anybody living in the Nashville area that has installed the Audiovox cruise on a gen one FJR and they have nothing to do this weekend, I will be installing mine, and any help / pointers will be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I can come up with a cold adult beverage or two.
I have installed the Rostra Electronic Cruise on my '07 AE. Its not hard if you are mechanically inclined. If you need anything, give me a shout. I am about 2 hrs from Nashville. Send me a PM and Ill send you my cell number. I have a nice shop also if you wanted to ride up and do it here sometime, or I could ride down if the days lined up right. I also have a NEW control pad that I would LOVE to sell CHEAP if you need one.

I've still got mine sitting in a box on the shelf waiting for a few hours of free time - if you're up for a ride to Chapel Hill.

The install really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be thanks to this board. We just took our time with it and it worked out great. If anybody is like me and are putting it off, go ahead and do it. You will not regret it!

The install really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be thanks to this board. We just took our time with it and it worked out great. If anybody is like me and are putting it off, go ahead and do it. You will not regret it!
Hey, can you post some links to the threads that helped you? I'm thinking of installing a cruise control on the feejer and I'd like to see what other's have bought and done.

Thanks,

j

In lieu of the control pad, consider the spring action micro-switch option that some of us have used.

Toggle right for set/coast, toggle left for resume/accel.

Weatherproof, no need to glance at a control pad. :p

https://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab301/rubberlegs_photo/DSCN3376.jpg
I put one of the Throttle Modification Switches on my FJR when I installed the AVCCS. It works great!, is very subtle in appearance. I have only positive things to say about the TMS as opposed to the AVCC control pad and all its weather proofing issues.

FWFE

Hello,

I am looking to do a cruise control install as well! Along with some other goodies I have been wanting to add! Is there anyone in the Ft. Wayne, IN area that could be of some assistance in the future? Also what is the better cruise control to purchase? I see people using the audiovox, rostra and the McCruise. Any help and info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: