Cruise control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleTy

LOVE 2 RIDE & RIDE 2 LOVE
Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a good summer.

I need some recommendations on a good cruise control unit for a 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ty

Dynamic cruise like a car or static throttle lock?

Big bucks motorcycle specific dynamic cruise would be MC Cruise The difference between this cruise and the next cruise I list is the install manual, the cruise itself is almost the same. Due to the extreme cost difference but similar performance, look at the install manual as costing $740 and the cruise an additional $180 for a total price of $920.

Tried and true, only slightly more fiddling to install is an AudioVox dynamic cruise which can still be found for $180.

AudioVox has actually stopped making the cruise, it has been bought by Murph's who now sells an AudioVox clone for $170. All three cruise controls work well.

Throttle locks? Everyone has a favorite and nobody agrees on The One.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Go Cruise throttle control. Simple, inexpensive ($20) and it works great. www.2wheelride.com Some motorcycle shops stock them.

Check out Go Cruise throttle control. Simple, inexpensive ($20) and it works great. www.2wheelride.com Some motorcycle shops stock them.
If you're looking for a throttle lock, +1 on the Go Cruise. Mine slips a little when I first set it, but if I re-adjust it once it stays locked pretty well. For $20, it lets you stretch out your right hand on long rides well enough. It also can be installed/removed in about 5 seconds.

Here's a link:

go-cruise

If you're looking for a throttle lock, +1 on the Go Cruise. Mine slips a little when I first set it, but if I re-adjust it once it stays locked pretty well. For $20, it lets you stretch out your right hand on long rides well enough. It also can be installed/removed in about 5 seconds.

Here's a link:

go-cruise
for me, the reason I have a throttle lock is to have overall friction at all throttle settings...at all times...so I can just adjust the friction and let go or override the friction slightly moving the throttle and let go again...the throttlemeister does that for me, but so would a cheaper Vista Cruise or any "thumb operated locking" throttle lock

I have the Audiovox, if I had to do over I would not have put a cruise control on, I hardly use it and use the Throttle Meister lock more often for the few mins I need to take my hand off the grips.

I just installed the Audiovox on a 1300AE and it was a bit of a pain. The servo could not be installed under the seat as the extra computer was in the way. I put it in the front where the top of the frame comes together. I tried it and doesn't work. All the inputs are correct but it is almost impossible to get to the servo without taking everything off again. I've not heard of anyone installing the electronic cruise version instead of the vacuum version. The electronic version will definitely be easier to install. Having said that, i still feel a throttle control unit would be better than simply a throttle lock as cruising close to the max speed before being cought for speeding is important for me.

Hope everyone is having a good summer.

I need some recommendations on a good cruise control unit for a 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ty

I picked Murph's (AVCC) because I'm cheap. It works, but the ball-chain connection from the servo to the throttle tang seems a weak link. If money is no object the MCCruise is clearly the best way to go.

I'm not sold on throttle locks and the like. I've tried the GoCruise and I think its worthless - others seem to like it but its cheap so if it goes wrong there's not too much money out of pocket.

In my mind a "real" cruise control is essential for long range touring since I've got early signs of tendonitis in my wrists.

good luck....

I just installed the Audiovox on a 1300AE and it was a bit of a pain. The servo could not be installed under the seat as the extra computer was in the way. I put it in the front where the top of the frame comes together. I tried it and doesn't work. All the inputs are correct but it is almost impossible to get to the servo without taking everything off again. I've not heard of anyone installing the electronic cruise version instead of the vacuum version. The electronic version will definitely be easier to install. Having said that, i still feel a throttle control unit would be better than simply a throttle lock as cruising close to the max speed before being cought for speeding is important for me.

Mine is a McCruise, but here is where I installed the servo. Might work for you too. AS you can see it is rightbehind the radiator. I does show in the cut out in the fairing (no picture with the fairing on) The servo cable goes up in front of the battery and loops back in a smooth arc to next to the hydraulic lines for the ABS back to the throttle bodies.

090.jpg

082.jpg

my controller sits in the area the PAIR system was removed.

085.jpg