crush washer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
I have been reading some of the info on the crush washers in the bikes maintenance.

According to the forum I would like to go with the copper washers also.

My only problem is I would like to get the washers befor I start the oil changes.

Does anyone know the Id on these washers so I can just pick some up at a parts store befor hand?

I never even thought about using a search for the crush washers alone. I was searching oil changes and stuff, and found alot of mentions but nothing in sizes untill your hint

thankyou

Ah, Grasshopper, you are a very astute student of all things "FJR". As you journey from project to project your knowledge increases. Soon you will be a Master of the FJR Forum.

[SIZE=8pt]But getting those tatoos burnt into your forearms hurts like "heck"![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My memory used to be great . now Im lucky if i can remember 1 out of every 10 things that I try to learn.

Oh to be young and beautyful again.. or at least young again... I dont think I ever qualified for the other one.

Good source for crush washers;only $.40 per.https://www.magneticdrainplug.com/Extra_Drain_Plug_Washers.html

personally, I think re-using the stock washer is better than a copper one, but that might just be me

I reused mine 5 times over the 30k miles I've changed the oil - every 5k on the even 5k showing on the odometer for ease of memory...bike has 100k on it

Never a problem on any bike and any cage as well

personally, I think re-using the stock washer is better than a copper one, but that might just be me
I reused mine 5 times over the 30k miles I've changed the oil - every 5k on the even 5k showing on the odometer for ease of memory...bike has 100k on it

Never a problem on any bike and any cage as well

+1, however, the copper washer on coolant drain would not seal completely. I had to back it out a few turns and apply some non-hardening sealant compound to get it to stop dripping.

+1, however, the copper washer on coolant drain would not seal completely. I had to back it out a few turns and apply some non-hardening sealant compound to get it to stop dripping.
Then it was messed up. I swapped the oe washers for copper on Franks first change, at about 25 miles. He now has 55k on those same washers, with change intervals at around 2k.

Don't you kids know that you can just go down to the local Ace hardware store and find both styles of crush washer, and both copper and aluminum, in the small parts bins for stupid cheap?